About the job
The International Cricket Council (‘ICC’) is the global governing body for the sport, which administers all aspects of international cricket.
We are currently looking for a Senior Manager – Digital Content for our Digital team, based at the ICC headquarters in Dubai, UAE. The role will report to the ICC’s Head of Digital. The role will be responsible for creating and delivering a digital content strategy which serves hundreds of millions of cricket fans across the globe.
Responsibilities of the Senior Manager – Digital Content includes but are not limited to the following:
The Senior Manager – Digital Content will be responsible for creating a world class digital content strategy for the ICC.
The role directs internal staff and vendors to grow to the impact of the ICC’s digital channels through outcome such as:
- Increase passion for cricket across the world
- Grow the audience on all ICC Digital Channels, including communities whose first language is not English
- Actively find opportunities to support the business’ strategic objectives across the ICC including functions such as Marketing and Communications, and Global Development
- Work with the Commercial department to increase revenue from ICC’s digital platforms
The other responsibilities of this role include but are not limited to the following:
- Manage day-to-day digital content operations and editorial across ICC products and social media channels
- Be the editorial lead for all ICC Digital properties and deliver content plans for all ICC Events.
- Work with existing and emerging social platforms to find opportunities for partnership
- Work closely with the Senior Manager – Digital Products to ensure that content and product plans are aligned with the overall Digital Strategy
- Ensure all Commercial targets and obligations are met.
- Work closely with the Marketing & Communications team to ensure ICC messaging is integrated across ICC digital output and ICC digital channels are used effectively to deliver the ICC communications strategy
- Work closely with the ICC Marketing & Communications team, especially in the lead up and during events to ensure that the ICC Digital platforms are used effectively as part of each ICC event marketing campaign
- Manage delivery of detailed and relevant analytics for each content campaign to measure its value and effectiveness. This includes setting KPIs, constantly measuring them and delivering regular analytics reports
- Manage the Digital Content Officer and all content vendors
Knowledge, Skills, Attitude and Experience
- Minimum 12+ years working in an sports media editorial teams, with at least 5 in leadership role
- Recognised by the industry for leading teams that create exceptional content across all platforms
- Experienced strategic content creator with a track record of delivering transformational results
- Deep knowledge and passion for cricket and cricket fans
- Proven capability to increase audience and engagement across multiple digital platforms
- Proven experience in leading the commercialisation of digital content. Experience with an OTT or subscription offering would be valued highly.
- Known for leading teams that create compelling, commercialised video content
- Experience managing teams remotely
- Experience managing third party vendors to deliver strategic outcomes
- Known for creating and implementing a high performing culture
- Strong stakeholder manager both internally and externally
- Strategic understanding of using social media platforms to deliver outstanding outcomes
- Evidence of understanding how to work with digital product teams to create compelling users experiences
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines