- Mid-Senior level
About the job
We’re introducing this exciting role to lead on the content production for The Hundred, a new 100 ball competition starting in 2021. Focusing on producing and managing content across The Hundred web, social and video channels as well as The Hundred team accounts.
You will be a vital part of the ECB’s exciting and evolving Digital department as well as working closely with video production, channel management, content creation agencies, marketing and communication teams across the ECB digital portfolio as well as The Hundred.
WHO WE ARE
The England and Wales Cricket Board is the national governing body for all cricket in England and Wales, supporting the game at every level – from grassroots to professional.
We believe cricket is a force for good that can have an enduring impact on everyone’s lives and we have an ambitious strategy to inspire a generation to say ‘cricket is a game for me’. It provides great entertainment. It teaches important skills, both physical and social. It can help inclusion and social cohesion, bringing communities together.
The ECB welcomes applications from all backgrounds to ensure we deliver our Inspiring Generations strategy and fulfil our purpose to connect communities and improve lives through cricket.
- Stronger As One Team – We are stronger together. We allow for individual strengths and beliefs but head in the same direction. We respect, support and really listen to each other along the way.
- Push New Boundaries – We are bold, brave and curious. We challenge and don’t settle. We forge the future whilst remembering our roots.
- Be The Best In The Game – On & Off The Pitch – We train hard. We strive to be our best to help the team be the best. We celebrate our victories and learn from our let downs.
- Passion For Play – We are here to inspire & be inspired. We are serious about what we do, but don’t take ourselves seriously. We enjoy the journey and have fun.
YOU’LL LOVE THIS JOB IF
- You work to create top quality content across web, social and video.
- You’re passionate about digital content and engaging audiences on digital channels.
- You’re at your best when operating in an exciting, busy, fast-moving environment.
YOU’LL BE DOING
- Taking responsibility for the day to day running of The Hundred content production work streams, briefing and managing the workload of content agencies, building content plans for The Hundred and team channels, ensuring content works towards the objectives for The Hundred competition.
- Getting hands on with content planning, proofing, and posting to The Hundred channels as well as managing agency resources to complete those tasks.
- Creating exciting, new and innovative content streams created for The Hundred target audiences to meet the wider digital and marketing ROI.
- Teaming with the Digital Lead, product manager, digital video producers, content editors, the digital audience manager as well as the wider The Hundred marketing and fan engagement team to develop ideas and briefs for content suitable for all The Hundred, The Hundred team and third-party distribution channels.
- Reviewing content produced using social and website analytics and sharing performance insights to constantly improve The Hundred and wider ECB output to meet objectives.
- Forward planning around major milestones for The Hundred and teams. Scheduling of agency provision across The Hundred and The Hundred team channels across editorial, social and video production plans as well as ad hoc internal demands.
- Facilitating the delivery of partner digital rights, in collaboration with key internal stakeholders (Commercial Partnerships, Marketing and Communications departments), to add value to existing and potential future partnerships.
- Using your attention to detail, communication and organisational skills to build trust and respect across the organisation.
- Using your experience of managing a content budget across agencies and partners from production to channel management.
- A keen sense for what makes engaging content across web, social and video.
- Experience managing content across a number of content creation streams, including and not limited to website, social media channels (Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, Twitter, Snapchat) and video production.
- Experience managing content creation agencies across a number of formats including video, graphic design, photography and channel management.
- An audience-first approach to content creation.
- Proven ability to work under pressure and an understanding that, due to the nature of the role, you will occasionally work unsociable hours.
- Confidence communicating with talent along with internal and external stakeholders in a professional sports environment.
- Experience using analytical tools such as Google Analytics, Sprinklr, Crowd Tangle across web and social platforms.
- Demonstrable experience in similar content production and management.
- Copy writing experience across web and social platforms.
- Competitive salary
- 25 days’ holiday
- Private medical insurance
- Non-contributory 8% pension
- Life assurance
- 30% discount on New Balance items