Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Posted: 27 June 2021
Link to Apply: https://www.linkedin.com/jobs/view/event-manager-vic-act-at-cricket-australia-2610572770/
About the job
Event Manager, VIC & ACT
- Leading sporting organisation
- Fixed Term – 6 month role
- Melbourne location
Here’s the deal…
We’re looking for a driven Event Manager to join our Fan Experience team on a short term 6 month contract.
Reporting to the Senior Event Director you’ll be responsible for planning and delivering international and domestic cricket matches in Victoria and the ACT.
This is an amazing opportunity to join a purpose driven organisation. Uniting and inspiring communities through Cricket is our culture, and we’ve never been prouder of the role our people play in making Cricket a sport for all Australians.
About The Role
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Leading the event management and operational planning for VIC & ACT cricket events
- Engage with internal stakeholders to support the planning and delivery of event requirements including fan experience
- Deliver exceptional at match experiences that put our fans and participants first
- Establish and maintain key stakeholders relationships
- Relevant bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Major sport event planning and project management experience
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- At least 5 years experience in a similar role
- A fan first and customer centric mentality
- Strong influencing skills
- Time management and organisation skills
Sound like you? Let’s do this!
The work we do across Australian Cricket stretches across the sporting and entertainment industries – which means there are all kinds of opportunities for bright-minded, passionate and friendly people.
Cricket’s a sport for all Australians and our workplace reflects that. Your age, culture, gender, sexual orientation, disability or religion won’t impact whether or not you’re part of the team. It’s your drive to do great work that’ll help you shine. Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
At Cricket we are committed to providing a safe environment for everyone involved in our sport including children.
We work flexibly and offer extensive employee benefits including a range of discounts from fashion and travel to groceries and electronics! Salary packaging options and discounts with our corporate partners. We also have an 5 extra days off a year!
If you want to learn more about how we play then apply now – we are looking forward to meeting you!
Please submit your resume & cover letter outlining your experience meeting the key criteria to by 8 July 2021, 12pm.