Posted: 20 August 2021
Link to Apply: https://resources.platform.bcci.tv/bcci/document/2021/08/20/c18a3b13-5319-4182-99bc-2ca6a5adcf31/Fast-Bowling-Coach-NCA-2021.pdf
- Job Details:
Position Title: Fast Bowling Coach
Job Code: N/A
Reports to: Head Cricket NCA
Number of Openings: 2
- Job Dimensions:
Annual Operating Budget/Project Budget:
Number of Staff Supervised: 0
Direct Reports & Total: 0
Employment and Age limit
Term: Till period of employment offered
Age limit: 60
- Role Purpose:
The Fast Bowling Coach will be responsible for supporting the Head Cricket Coach, National Cricket Academy, Bangalore (NCA) in the preparation, development and performance of the all cricketers attending training at the Academy. The Fast Bowling Coach along with Head Cricket NCA, will be jointly responsible for the development of emerging and youth fast bowlers within the male and female player development programmes who are sent to the NCA. The remit may include, but not limited to India Senior Men’s Team, India A sides, under 23, Under 19, Under 16 team players, as well as state association players who train at the NCA and upgrade their fast-bowling skills at the NCA. The said person will be singularly responsible for skill enhancement of players sent to the NCA.
The position will assist the National Men’s and Women’s Head Coach, Head Cricket Coach for India Developmental teams – including Under 19, Under 23 teams, in the identification of key bowling objectives that will result in preparation of the countries fast bowling talent. The said person will also be responsible for monitoring progress against these objectives.
The said person will assist the National Men’s and Women’s Head Coach, Cricket Coach for India Developmental teams – including Under 19, Under 23 teams and the Junior and Senior national selectors in spotting fast bowling talent and developing them.
- Key Accountabilities:
Main job duties/responsibilities:
• Assist the Head Cricket Coach with the delivery of coaching programmes for training, preparation and playing, both on and off the field, for various trainees attending programs at the NCA.
• Plan and execute training sessions for the various cricket squads as required by the Head Cricket NCA
• Provide hands-on technical coaching expertise by conducting training sessions to ensure the highest level of player performance is achieved and maintained.
• Provide individual player coaching on demand and as directed by the Head Cricket NCA.
• Communicate and feedback to the Head Cricket on players and their development.
• Input to the senior team coaching group in terms of planning for all senior player programmes.
• When assigned to a team, support various Head Coaches in undertaking appraisals with their players.
• When assigned to a team, undertake end of tour/trip reviews with the various Head Coaches as required.
• Perform and comply with all player/coach obligations described in the ICC Code of Conduct and Player’s Handbook which may be updated from time to time.
• Coordinate the effective use of the Athlete Management System, logging player workloads, uploading video content of bowlers, and inputting to their Individual Player plans.
• Use GPS enabled devices or similar performance measurement devices to develop specific algorithms to develop metrics which are relevant to fast bowling and act as a Key performance Indicators for fast bowlers.
• Undertake a senior coaching role with any Developmental side when available and as required by BCCI, which may involve camps and competition programmes both home and abroad.
• Observe bowlers in elite competitions as advised by the National Academy Head Cricket or Selectors
FAST BOWLING COACHING:
• Prepare and deliver specialist fast bowling programmes for identified players in the talent pool.
• When assigned to a team, undertake tour-specific scouting of opposition bowlers, employing the use of the Performance Analyst as required:
• Undertake one-on-one coaching of identified players.
• Provide support as a specialist fast bowling coach to the Women’s Performance Squad, National Academy programme and age group programme.
• Develop and monitor bowling objectives and Key Performance Indicators (KPI ‘s) for inclusion in Individual Bowlers Performance Plans.
• Assist in scouting talented bowlers in cooperation with the Head Cricket NCA, National Head Men’s and Women’s Coaches, selectors.
• Develop positive and strong working relationships, and work closely with other specialist coaches, state association Head Coaches and National Coaches.
• Apply and monitor accepted fast bowling guidelines to players Individual Player Bowling Performance Plans.
• Apply safe bowling practices, identify and minimise risk factors for young bowlers.
• Work closely with the Head Strength and Conditioning Coach and Head Physiotherapist in applying appropriate strength and conditioning principles relevant to safe fast bowling. Use Bio-mechanical principles along with Head Strength and Conditioning Coach to deliver a fast-bowling program which adheres to modern sports science tenets.
• Undertake, develop, and monitor a workload management plan for all fast bowlers training at the NCA
• Support and advise the Head Physiotherapy and Head Coach Education in ensuring consistent fast bowling coaching methods are being deployed through education courses and workshops, and from time to time deliver training sessions on such courses.
• Certify players fit to Return To play post injury rehabilitation as per set protocol.
• Provide measures for determining the success of team and individual player bowling programmes
• Performance of Key fast bowlers coached in match situations, Player performance at age group, domestic levels
• Quality of coaching undertaken as audited by Head Cricket NCA
• Number of Coaching programs run and quality of camps conducted
• Number of Fast bowlers successfully improved who go on to play for National and developmental sides
• Players satisfaction
• Coaches/Peers feedback
Documentation and Communication
• Use of technology to improve the effectiveness of information management – generate MIS
• Maintain accurate and concise records- must be adept with computer programs and office software relevant to work
- Operating Environment:
Challenging working environment. Prioritising workload and managing time given the often-competing demands of different players and staff. The person will be working as a part of a multi-disciplinary support Team.
Setting and managing the expectations of players, coaching staff, and administrators with regard to the results of injury prevention and treatment programs
Maintaining effective lines of communication with all key stakeholders- other NCA and Team India Coaches, Physios, S & C team, administrators at the State Associations, NCA and cricket operations, and state coaches
- Communication & Working Relationships:
Strong and effective communication is key to success in the role. The coach is expected to
• Communicate and liaise effectively with players, coaches, administrators to coordinate effective service provision
• Be in regular contact with own coaching team and other staff attached to other developmental, state and IPL teams regarding the status of key fast bowlers
• Generate and subsequently communicate reports on to all relevant personnel including Head Cricket, Manager Administration/Operations NCA and Select
- Decision Making:
- Qualifications, Experience, Knowledge & Skills:
• Former India Cricketer OR Former Indian First-Class Cricketer with minimum 75 FC games and an outstanding track record of cricket coaching for a minimum of 3 years (in the last 7 Years) with a High-Performance Centre/International/India A/India U-19/India Women/IPL team OR,
• NCA Level 3 Performance Coach (or equivalent) with an outstanding track record of cricket coaching for a
minimum of 3 years (in the last 7 years) with a High-Performance Centre/ International/India A/India U19/India Women/IPL/ State team OR,
• NCA Level 2 Coach (or equivalent) with an outstanding track record of cricket coaching for a minimum of 3 years (in the last 7 Years) of a High-Performance Centre/International/India A/India U-19/India Women/IPL team OR,
• Successful record in high performance planning and monitoring, as well as designing and implementing player development plans and programmes in elite environments.
• Qualifications to generate, direct and manage the implementation of cutting-edge bowling coaching solutions and programmes
• Able to communicate effectively with players and coaches
• Understanding of the learning process and training principles
• Understanding various coaching styles
• Understanding long term player (athlete) development and related models
• Understanding the causes and recognises the symptoms of over training
• Understanding of how to reduce the risk of injury to players
• Able to prepare training programmes to meet the needs of each player
• Able to use evaluation tests to monitor training progress and predict performance
• Able to advise players on relaxation, visualisation and mental imagery skills
• Able to evaluate the players tactical and competition performance
• Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills to do the job at a high level of accomplishment Understand biomechanical analysis principles and apply knowledge
• Strong technical knowledge of all facets of the game of cricket
• Must possess the highest levels of integrity, discipline and motivation. Must be an effective communicator, quick learner, motivator and a team leader.
• A proven ability to manage and interact with people from different backgrounds and cultures
• Computer literate with excellent written and oral communication skills including Microsoft Outlook, word, excel, power point, and associated video capture and analysis software.
Applications should be submitted by 11.59 pm on 10th September, 2021 at email@example.com
All applicants are hereby instructed to mention the specific post in the subject of the email as Fast Bowling Coach.
After screening/shortlisting of applications, the candidates may be called for personal interviews for further evaluation.