About the job
Within Broadcast & Commercial Department
Here’s the deal…
We’re looking for a driven individual to work with the Media Rights team to deliver CA’s current and future media rights agreements, build out the long-term strategy and establish new revenue streams.
You will be responsible for implementing/ensuring a level of rigour across both the planning and execution of the strategy and operational processes.
You will use your passion to stay ahead of industry trends, commercial acumen and broad strategic thinking to create opportunities for media rights related innovation across Australian Cricket.
This is an amazing opportunity to join a purpose driven organisation. Uniting and inspiring communities through Cricket is our culture, and we’ve never been prouder of the role our people play in making Cricket a sport for all Australians.
About The Role
Your key responsibilities will include:
Preparation for go to market – analysis of landscape and potential bidders, financial analysis based on current deal and other comparables, internal consultation, preparing and implementing timelines and action plan.
Support the Media Rights team during tender and negotiation processes – including through further detailed research and insights as required, arranging meetings, preparing agendas, leading internal action plans and assisting with documentation of agreements.
Contribute to overarching strategy and associated protocols for media rights renewal processes including driving development of the strategy documents and protocols for renewals and maintaining up to date market research both across Australian Cricket as well as the external market place in order to identify potential new assets and opportunities.
Develop/ensure that the Media Rights team has access to, the data and insights required to execute and report on the strategy (e.g. viewership metrics, data from Digital/Marketing, market trends and other 3rd party research etc).
Support the Media Rights team to grow revenue from CA’s portfolio of media rights – generating more value from existing deals and developing new revenue streams, both in the Australian market and overseas markets.
- Degree in business or related field
- Experience in business strategy within a sporting landscape
- Experience in a digitally focussed environment
- Exceptional attention to detail and thoroughness to be accurate every time and error free when required
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Strong financial acumen
- Highly organised and able to work to tight deadlines
- Ability to work autonomously and take initiative
- Excellent interpersonal and organisation skills
- Strategic thinking, planning and problem resolution skills
- Passionate and self-motivated, positive can-do attitude and a team player
- Customer first focus to deliver first-class servicing of partners and build authentic relationships
- Experience managing contracts and negotiating commercial agreements
- Ability to work outside standard business hours when required – including due to the high volume of international work
Sound like you? Let’s do this!
The work we do across Australian Cricket stretches across the sporting and entertainment industries – which means there are all kinds of opportunities for bright-minded, passionate and friendly people.
Cricket’s a sport for all Australians and our workplace reflects that. Your age, culture, gender, sexual orientation, disability or religion won’t impact whether or not you’re part of the team. It’s your drive to do great work that’ll help you shine. Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
At Cricket we are committed to providing a safe environment for everyone involved in our sport including children.
We work flexibly and offer extensive employee benefits including a range of discounts from fashion and travel to groceries and electronics! Salary packaging options and discounts with our corporate partners. We also have an 5 extra days off a year!
If you want to learn more about how we play then apply now – we are looking forward to meeting you!
Please submit your resume & cover letter outlining your experience meeting the key criteria by Friday 17th September 2021, 5pm.