Reports to Senior Vice President Global Operations (based in the U.S.)
Willow TV (A Times Internet Limited Group Company)
Location: United Kingdom
Company Description: Willow TV is the premier broadcaster of cricket in the United States and Canada. Willow TV produces and distributes a high-definition linear television network along with a direct-to-consumer service, Willow.tv. Willow TV is the official TV and digital broadcaster of various cricket Boards, including The International Cricket Council (ICC), Indian Premier League (IPL), England Cricket Board, Cricket Australia, Cricket South Africa, Sri Lanka Cricket Board, Pakistan Cricket Board, Pakistan Super League, USA Cricket, and the soon to be launched U.S. Major League Cricket among others. Willow TV is part of the Times of India Group, India’s largest conglomerate with a presence in more than 100 countries across various media assets.
Job Description: Willow TV is seeking a Marketing Director to lead Willow TV’s marketing efforts across all distribution platforms and products – Pay TV and Subscription-Video-On- Demand (SVOD). The primary focus will be to drive awareness, tune-in and viewership. The ideal candidate will be highly organized, process oriented, detailed, and comfortable in a fast- paced environment. In addition, the candidate should have a self-starter mentality.
• Build relationships and serve as the key liaison with Willow TV’s largest distribution partners to develop and execute marketing campaigns that will promote Willow TV
• Create, plan, and execute innovative marketing and communication strategies to increase viewership, grow SVOD subscribers and maximize revenue opportunities
• Communicate with Senior Management Team on strategy for premium programming promotional elements and execution
• Develop and maintain an editorial calendar and track the on-air marketing schedule
• Manage and direct creative projects, including social media and websites to ensure brand style is adhered to
• Participate in the creative process, reading scripts, providing feedback on creative elements, and collaborating with programming.
• Responsible for maintaining Willow TV’s marketing budget and tracking of media placements
• Be the point person on event marketing with Willow TV’s distribution
• Deliver marketing campaign recap reports/presentations, including analyzing results and making optimization recommendations
Skills and Qualifications:
• Bachelor’s Degree in communications, marketing or a related field
• 5+ years’ marketing experience within the entertainment industry with prior television experience preferred
• In-depth knowledge of the U.S. Sports, Entertainment, and Media landscape is a must
• Experience developing and implementing marketing plans
• Experience with planning and tracking various forms of media including broadcast, digital, and out-of-home
• Proven track record of successful, data driven, multichannel marketing campaigns. Similar experience driving sub acquisition strategies a plus.
• Familiarity with the creative development process and the ability to manage timelines against deadlines
• Proven track record of successfully delivering results in a fast-paced, dynamic environment with flawless attention to detail
• Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
• Willingness to work a modified schedule that will extend past 6pm GMT as needed
• Highly collaborative team player with a passion for marketing, innovation and creative excellence
• Must have unquestionably high ethical standards and professionalism
Please send CV and cover letter to email@example.com