Salary: Salary £32-36k (plus additional benefits)
Closing Date: 31 October 2021
Contact Name: Paula Cummings-Riddoch
Telephone: 07393 234 046
Club/Company: The Professional Cricketers’ Association
Personal Development Manager – supporting Durham CCC, Yorkshire CCC, Lancashire CCC and Northern Diamonds.
The Professional Cricketers’ Association (PCA) is looking to recruit a new Personal Development Manager (PDM) with responsibility for delivering the Personal Development and Welfare Programme (PDWP) to male and female professional cricketers, county academy players and past players in the northern region.
The PDWP aims to enable individuals to excel and develop sustainable performance within and outside cricket. Delivered primarily through one to one coaching and mentoring, as well as through the facilitation of group workshops and online learning modules, the programme equips aspiring and current professional cricketers with the skills needed to deal with the specific demands of competing at the highest level whilst also preparing them for life after playing. As a leading professional players’ association, we support players within the men’s and women’s game and safeguard our members’ right to fair employment and playing conditions.
- Providing one to one coaching and mentoring throughout a player’s career, with a special focus on periods of transition, education and lifestyle management, contractual support, wellbeing and welfare and appropriate signposting to expert referral partners when required.
- Facilitating personal development and educational workshops to current professional cricketers, county academy players and former players.
- Developing and maintaining effective relationships with key stakeholders in the game both within and outside the PCA (e.g. the ECB, County & Regional Centre CEOs, Coaches and Sponsors).
- Promoting the values and behaviours of the PCA.
- Being a member of a highly motivated, supportive and caring Personal Development & Welfare team.
- Reporting to the Lead Personal Development Managers.
Essential Skills and Experience:
- 1-2 years’ experience working in a related field
- Demonstrated experience of guiding and supporting people through various transitions, educational and vocational pathways.
- Demonstrated experience of developing, planning and delivering individual or group support programmes to address the career, professional development and wellbeing needs of athletes or high performers.
- Proven experience of building and leveraging relationships to influence, challenge and work effectively with a wide range of stakeholders.
- Demonstrated high level experience of planning and facilitating workshops across a broad range of topics and age groups.
- Working with people, ability to relate well to people at all levels; manage conflict effectively; listen, consult with others and communicate proactively; support and care for others; possessing high levels of self-awareness.
- Prepared to work flexible hours and travel throughout a designated region.
- A commitment to lifelong learning.
- A full and clean driving licence.
- A relevant degree.
- The Institute of Leadership and Management (ILM) Level 5 or above in Coaching and Mentoring.
- The Level 3 Certificate in Talented Athlete Lifestyle Support (TALS) qualification or related qualification.
- A background as an elite performer with experiences of significant transitions and life challenges.
Salary £32-36k dependent on experience, plus 5k car allowance, performance related bonus and an extensive benefits package (including private health insurance).
We are an equal opportunities employer and positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates, regardless of sex, race, disability, age, religion/belief or marital status.
For more information please see the ‘Full Job Description’ and visit www.thepca.co.uk.
Closing date for applications is Sunday 31st October 2021.
Interviews will take place at Edgbaston Cricket Ground, Birmingham, B5 7QU.
First interviews will be held on 18th & 19th November 2021.
Second interviews will be held on 25th & 26th November 2021.
Please send your CV with a covering letter and responses to the following questions to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
1) What is your eligibility status to work in the UK?
2) Do you live in commutable distance of the vacancy you are applying for?
3) What is your current salary?
4) What is your required salary in this role?
5) Please confirm that the information you have provided in your application and CV is true and accurate