About the job
Head of Financial Control
Cricket has been Australia’s favourite sport for over a century now, and as the central administrative body for the great game, it’s the people who work with us here at Cricket Australia who make that happen.
We’re over 100 years old now – and still not out! As we keep delivering cricket content to millions of fans around the country and globally, we’ve never been prouder of the role we play in bringing communities together.
You can play your part too.
Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer, in this role you will be responsible for maintaining a strong control environment and for producing timely, accurate month-end and year-end reporting. This role will also be accountable for the management of audit processes, financial risk assessments, implementing effective internal controls, as well as compliance with all finance and control policies, applicable government rules and regulations, accounting standards and other relevant corporate guidelines.
This is an amazing opportunity to join a purpose driven organization. Uniting and inspiring communities through Cricket is our culture, and we’ve never been prouder of the role our people play in making Cricket a sport for all Australians.
About the role
Specifically, you will be responsible for:
Financial Performance and Compliance:
- Reviewing, implementing, monitoring and ensuring financial compliance with statutory legislation, accounting standards, internal controls, company policies and procedures, providing concise and consistent compliance reporting;
- All month end and year end reporting including all close activities, ensuring that an appropriate control environment, balance sheet and P&L reporting is maintained;
- Overseeing tax obligations and ensuring requirements are met (eg. FBT, GST, VAT, Not-for-Profit, foreign tax requirements);
- Actively striving for improvement in the control environment and in departmental and organizational key processes, ensuring adherence to timelines.
- Attending and actively participating in meetings for the Investment Management Committee and Hedging Management Committee, as well as preparing all reports and implementing recommendations from committee meetings;
- Overseeing cash and debtor management;
- Driving investment and hedging strategies that are consistent with policies;
- Maximizing short-term investment gains in line with cash flow management;
- Managing foreign currency revenues and expenses, and ensuring all hedging requirements are met.
- Overseeing the Payroll function and ensuring legislative, MOU compliance, and all appropriate checks and balances are in place;
- Overseeing the Accounts Payable function and ensuring all appropriate checks and balances are in place;
- Ensuring compliance with all organizational policies and procedures, including but not limited to the Delegation of Authority, Travel Management, Procurement, Corporate Card, Hedging and Investment;
- Managing, coaching and supporting all direct reports within the Financial Control team, as well as providing leadership across the broader Finance team;
- Ad-hoc projects as required by the Chief Financial Officer and the Executive team.
To succeed in this role, you will have:
- University degree, or relevant tertiary qualifications.
- CPA / CA Qualified.
Essential Skills and Experience:
- 5+ years working in hands-on Financial Control roles.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Robust relationship building and stakeholder management skills.
- Strong organisational skills.
- Efficient problem solving skills.
- Ability to manage concurrent complex tasks.
- Knowledge and experience in strategic planning.
- Exceptional work ethic including the ability to multi-task, prioritise work commitments and deadlines, whilst maintaining a close attention to detail.
Sound like you? Let’s do this!
Cricket’s a sport for all Australians and our workplace reflects that. Your age, gender, sexual orientation, disability or religion won’t impact whether or not you’re part of the team. It’s your drive to do great work that’ll help you shine. At Cricket we are committed to providing a safe environment for everyone involved in our sport including children.
We work flexibly and offer extensive employee benefits including a range of discounts from fashion and travel to groceries and electronics! Salary packaging options and discounts with our corporate partners. We also have an extra 5 days off a year!
If you want to learn more about how we play then apply now – we are looking forward to meeting you!
Please submit your resume & cover letter outlining your experience meeting the key criteria by midnight on Sunday November 21st, 2021.
Desired Skills and Experience
– University degree, or relevant tertiary qualifications.
– CPA / CA Qualified.
Essential Skills and Experience:
– 5+ years working in hands-on Financial Control roles.
– Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
– Robust relationship building and stakeholder management skills.
– Strong organisational skills.
– Efficient problem solving skills.
– Ability to manage concurrent complex tasks.
– Knowledge and experience in strategic planning.
– Exceptional work ethic including the ability to multi-task, prioritise work commitments and deadlines, whilst maintaining a close attention to detail.