About the job
Major League Cricket has partnered with USA Cricket to launch a world-class professional T20 Cricket league in the US.
Cricket is the 2nd most popular sport in the world and currently has limited professional presence in the US, the worlds #1 sports media market – Major League Cricket aims to change that by bringing the best players to the US and building the best infrastructure to launch a world-class T20 tournament.
Major League Cricket is working to elevate the game of cricket in the US to a premier international standing, which requires the development of world-class cricket stadiums, recruiting leading international players, developing grass roots cricket, and building out the Major and Minor League Cricket competitions.
Major League Cricket has attracted significant investment from leading investors from the Bay Area and across the US, including Satya Nadella (CEO, Microsoft), Shantanu Narayen (CEO, Adobe), Ross Perot Jr. (Perot Group), and numerous other high-profile tech entrepreneurs.
With the successful launch of Minor League Cricket in 2021, we are looking to go bigger in 2022 to grow and expand our Minor League Cricket tournament, as well as starting the launch of the inaugural Major League Cricket season. This will cover a wide variety of tasks including stadium development, marketing efforts, player recruiting, league organization, sponsorship and commercialization, player draft, and much more.
As a Analyst/Snr. Analyst at Major League Cricket you will be working with the senior leadership on a broad range of tasks across corporate development, infrastructure, and league operations:
- Identifying and assessing stadium development opportunities across the country
- Creating revenue and CAPEX models for infrastructure projects
- Supporting the negotiations of Stadium ground lease agreements
- Identifying and supporting the execution of sponsorship opportunities
- Development of commercial strategy for the Major League and other MLC assets
- Organizational and logistical support for the running of the 2022 Minor League Season (broadcasting, player draft, rules and regulations, scheduling, etc.)
We are looking for highly-motivated individuals with the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in business/Sports Management/other analytical orientated degree (other degrees will also be considered)
- Ideally 1-2 years’ experience in corporate/consulting/sports management – however college graduate candidates will also be considered
- Knowledge of the sport of cricket is preferred, but not required
- Self-motivated with the ability to work across multiple projects at once
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to proactively drive tangible results and outcomes
- Comfortable with ambiguity and ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office