About the job
Senior Strategy Lead
- Leading sporting organisation
- Contribute to the Australian Cricket strategy 2022-27
- An extra week off a year!
Here’s the deal…
We’re looking for a driven Senior Strategy Lead to join our new Strategy & Innovation team. The Senior Strategy Lead is responsible for contributing to the development and execution of the Australian Cricket strategy 2022-27.
Reporting to the General Manager, Strategy & Innovation you’ll be responsible for development, ongoing evolution and reporting of the strategy.
This is an amazing opportunity to join a purpose driven organisation. Uniting and inspiring communities through Cricket is our culture, and we’ve never been prouder of the role our people play in making Cricket a sport for all Australians.
About the role
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Strategy – Development & Execution
- Support the strategy development process to refresh, implement, communicate and monitor the strategy for Australian Cricket
- Conduct deep-dives on critical topics to develop the strategy for key domains
- Influence Australian Cricket stakeholders to create alignment across divergent views and ensure stakeholder plans and targets reflect the national direction, while balancing the need for individual stakeholder objectives
- Translate the strategy into annual integrated plans that articulate the key actions required to execute the strategy
- Co-develop processes in collaboration with cross functional teams to allow for greater synergies of the organisational operational model with the Australian Cricket strategy (e.g. budgeting, investment prioritisation)
- Monitor key programs of work against strategic plans to ensure organisational alignment, understand stakeholder impact
- Develop and implement Board and Australian Cricket stakeholder reporting that communicates progress against the strategy and identified priorities
- Generate and communicate insights from trends in the sporting, entertainment, and business industries
- Ensure that the commercial and partnerships teams have access to the insights required to execute and report on their contribution to the commercial strategy
- Foster collaboration and knowledge sharing of customer insights across CA departments and States and Territories
- Using consumer insights and knowledge of operating environment and societal trends, identify, develop and implement new products, experiences, programs, and offerings to grow the depth and breadth of participation and other areas within Cricket
- Drive a culture of curiosity and ideation among staff in relation to innovation and the entrepreneurial practices associated with new product or service development
- Support the CEO and GM, Strategy & Innovation to foster mutually beneficial strategic international relationships with members of the global cricket community
- Identify and commercialise Australian Cricket growth opportunities within the global market
- Manage and influence senior stakeholders to shape their thinking
- Synthesise information to facilitate decision-making on critical strategic choices
- Experience in developing growth-focused business strategy
- Experience of executing on strategic plans in complex organisation
- Experience in developing commercial models
- 5 – 10 years Management Consulting and/or corporate strategy experience
- Structured problem-solving skills
- Outstanding stakeholder management and influencing skills
- Passion to stay ahead of industry trends
- Excellent communication and collaboration
- Excellent organisation skills
- Passionate and self-motivated, positive can-do attitude and a team player
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and change
- Take ownership of, and significantly improve, entire processes, systems or products
Sound like you? Let’s do this!
The work we do across Australian Cricket stretches across the sporting and entertainment industries – which means there are all kinds of opportunities for bright-minded, passionate and friendly people.
Cricket’s a sport for all Australians and our workplace reflects that. Your age, culture, gender, sexual orientation, disability or religion won’t impact whether or not you’re part of the team. It’s your drive to do great work that’ll help you shine. Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
Vaccinations for our workers provide a key contribution to getting Cricket on, and keeping our players, workers and fans safe this summer. In order to support this, Cricket Australia is mandating vaccinations for all of their employees and will be asking about vaccination status as part of our employment process.
At Cricket we are committed to providing a safe environment for everyone involved in our sport including children.
We work flexibly and offer extensive employee benefits including a range of discounts from fashion and travel to groceries and electronics! Salary packaging options and discounts with our corporate partners. We also have an 5 extra days off a year!
If you want to learn more about how we play then apply now – we are looking forward to meeting you!
Please submit your resume & cover letter outlining your experience meeting the key criteria by 5pm Monday 10 January 2022.