Link to Apply: https://www.thepca.co.uk/job/commercial-director-the-pca/
Closing Date: 18 March 2022
Contact Name: SRI
Club/Company: The PCA
The Professional Cricketers’ Association is the representative body for professional cricketers in England and Wales and is seeking a candidate for the prestigious position of Commercial Director.
The PCA has been the representative body of past and present first class cricketers in England and Wales, since the organisation was founded in 1967.
The PCA’s commercial partners play a key role in helping to fund the essential educational and welfare work undertaken by the Association as well as supporting the relationship with the England and Wales Cricket Board as the games’ governing body.
In return, our Commercial partners gain access to substantial benefits, access to England Players via the Team England Player Partnership “TEPP” and England Women Players via England Women’s Player Partnership “EWPP”, along with an exclusive events programme which also offers unparalleled access to leading cricketers. The role will also work closely with the Professional Cricketers’ Trust in order to generate substantial funds to support both past and present cricketers.
The Commercial Director is responsible for driving top line growth by leading and managing the development and delivery of the commercial strategy across core revenue streams including partnerships and sponsorship, events, hospitality and licensing. The individual will also be innovative, data-driven, and comfortable with current and new technologies to drive new revenue in areas such as wearable tech, social media and NFTs.
- Expand present and develop new commercial opportunities and strategies and implement, according to the PCA’s objectives, across a number of diverse business areas including the growth of the women’s game
- Work closely with the PCA’s many commercial partners at the highest level
- Build and maintain profitable partnerships with key stakeholders
- Set, manage and monitor financial targets of the Commercial Team
- Manage and lead the Commercial team and work with all relevant departments within the PCA to ensure excellent delivery of all commercial partners’ sponsorship rights
- Maximise the commercial and broadcast rights potential for the Team England Player Partnership and England Women’s Player Partnership in collaboration with the England and Wales Cricket Board
- Explore, conceive, develop and implement new digital solutions including NFT’s for both the men’s and women’s game
- Uncover and execute additional revenue generating opportunities including sourcing, due diligence, business case development, stakeholder alignment, negotiation, and execution
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- Proven experience in a senior commercial position with a demonstrable track record of success over time
- Proven experience in a client focused Sales and Marketing role and managing key client relationships
- Experience of dealing with senior stakeholders (Directors and above) within large organisations
- Outstanding negotiating skills with a collaborative approach
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent organisational and leadership skills
- Excellent knowledge of performance reporting and budgeting processes
- A knowledge and understanding of the growing sporting digital marketplace, including NFT’s, digital commercial, collective rights and data.
- A knowledge of the commercial sporting landscape would be beneficial
- Tenacity in delivering results and driving projects to completion including demonstrating experience of working with cross-functional teams would be beneficial.
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Must work well within a team
- PCA Commercial Team
- The England and Wales Cricket Board
- The Team England Player Partnership -“TEPP”
- The England Women’s Player Partnership – “EWPP”
- All past and present members of the PCA and PCA Ambassadors
- The Professional Cricketers’ Trust Trustees
- An extensive portfolio of commercial partners
SRI – How to apply
SRI is a boutique global executive search and consulting firm, servicing the rapidly converging industries of media, entertainment, technology and sport.
We work as one partner-led team with staff based in key global markets across 11 offices on four continents. We offer dedicated and specific sector, function and region expertise. Our services include executive search, board assessment, succession planning, salary benchmarking, advising clients on their internal and external hiring strategy, new market entry and multi-vacancy projects.
To apply, please send your CV to: email@example.com