About the job
We’re recruiting for this exciting role to manage the ECB’s Anti-Corruption Programme, which is crucial to the legal and integrity function of the ECB and feeds into the ECB’s wider strategic aims. You will develop prevention and disruption initiatives to protect the integrity of cricket, including delivering an education programme to stakeholders within cricket, and manage and deliver the operational response to combating the threat of corruption, including working on investigations and managing intelligence.
WHO WE ARE
The England and Wales Cricket Board is the national governing body for all cricket in England and Wales, supporting the game at every level – from grassroots to professional.
We believe cricket is a force for good that can have an enduring impact on everyone’s lives and we have an ambitious strategy to inspire a generation to say ‘cricket is a game for me’. It provides great entertainment. It teaches important skills, both physical and social. It can help inclusion and social cohesion, bringing communities together.
The ECB welcomes applications from all backgrounds to ensure we deliver our Inspiring Generations strategy and fulfil our purpose to connect communities and improve lives through cricket.
YOU’LL LOVE THIS JOB IF
- You are passionate about preventing corruption within sport.
- You are keen to use your investigative and intelligence experience in a sports setting and to drive strategy in relation to anti-corruption matters.
- You enjoy working in a positive team environment but are comfortable working on your own initiative.
YOU’LL BE DOING
- Managing and delivering the operational response to combating the threat of corruption in domestic cricket.
- Assisting in the development of prevention and disruption initiatives to protect the integrity of cricket, including developing the education strategy and delivering education to participants within the cricket network
- Implementing and reviewing the ECB Anti-Corruption Code for Participants and Minimum Standards for Players’ and Match Officials’ Area
- Building relationships with participants (including players, coaches, officials) by developing trust and confidence
- Interacting with a team of part-time anti-corruption officials, allocating tasks to them when appropriate
- Acting as the first point of contact and responder to reports of corrupt conduct
- Working on investigations into and analysis of suspected corrupt conduct and coordinating disciplinary processes as required
- Updating and managing the ECB intelligence database and creating and disseminating intelligence reports to external stakeholders
- Driving intelligence development within the unit, including conducting open source research and conducting intelligence interviews of human sources
- Managing the ECB’s Anti-Corruption budget
- Embedding EDI at the heart of the ECB’s culture and values
- The highest standards of integrity and confidentiality
- Significant experience of interpreting and presenting complex data
- Demonstrable experience in conducting complex investigations
- Proficient IT skills and experience of using and managing information databases and conducting open-source research
- The ability to write detailed and clear reports on complex issues
- The ability to influence at all levels, multi-task in dynamic environments, problem solve, and to work alone or as part of a team
- Excellent interpersonal and effective communication skills and the ability to prepare and deliver presentations to differing audiences
- Competitive salary
- 25 days’ holiday
- Private medical insurance
- Non-contributory 8% pension
- Free on-site gym
- Subsidised canteen
- 30% discount on Castore items
- Life assurance