Photo Credit: Melbourne Renegades
The Melbourne Renegades are pleased to announce the return of Renegades Recruit for a second season, with this year’s program to include both a male and female edition.
Renegades Recruit was launched last year as a three-part TV series – broadcast across the club’s social media platforms and Kayo – bringing 10 male club cricketers from across Victoria together to compete for a unique high-performance opportunity with the Renegades Academy.
North Geelong Cricket Club’s Tom Mathieson was the winner of the inaugural Renegades Recruit.
This year’s Renegades Recruit will take on a similar approach for the male edition, searching for the best players in community cricket from around the state with the potential to play at a higher level.
The female edition will look slightly different, focusing on the ‘next best’ talent outside of the WBBL in Victoria. Players from both Premier and community clubs who believe they have what it takes to compete with the best are encouraged to apply.
Both competition winners will again receive a unique high-performance opportunity with the Renegades to develop their cricket.
With the support of Kookaburra, a further prize will also be provided for each competition winner and their cricket club – plus a Renegades’ prize pack for the winners’ clubs.
The best of this year’s players will be selected to be put through their paces for the first two episodes, which will culminate in a ‘final three’ being chosen.
The winner of each competition will be determined by a public vote between the final three players.
Applications are now open via the links below for each program and will close on Sunday 29 May at 5pm AEST.
- Player must reside in Victoria and be aged 18 or over as of 1 June 2022
- Open to Community cricketers
- Cannot have played Premier Cricket in past two seasons (2020-21 and 2021-22) or have previously been on a State/BBL list
- Must be available to train/film on Sunday 3 July (9am-5pm, CitiPower Centre)
- The ‘final three’ players will be required for a set window on Saturday 6 August (TBC)
- Player must reside in Victoria and be aged 16 or over as of 1 June 2022
- Open to both Premier and Community cricketers
- Cannot have previously been on a State/WBBL list
- Must be available to train/film on Sunday 19 June (9am-5pm, CitiPower Centre)
- The ‘final three’ players will be required for a set window on Saturday 16 July (TBC)