Link to Apply: https://www.cricketireland.ie/images/uploads/news_images/Cricket_Connect_Officer_JD_NCU_Advert_Final_June_22.pdf
Cricket Ireland is the governing body for the game at both performance and participation levels throughout All-Ireland, representing the interests of both the men’s and women’s game. There are five Provincial Unions, Cricket Leinster, Connacht Cricket, North West Cricket Union, Northern Cricket Union and Munster Cricket. Cricket Ireland is recognised by Sport NI as the National Governing Body for cricket in Northern Ireland.
The Rank Foundation is a philanthropic organisation and the charitable legacy of Joseph Arthur Rank (1888-1972). Its aim is to improve the lives of people and their communities, across the UK. The Rank Foundation looks to do this by encouraging and developing leadership and promoting enterprise and innovation.
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
Cricket Connects is a Cricket Ireland Participation initiative and is supported by The Rank Foundation Start Here Grant.
Cricket Connects aims to encourage more people to play more cricket, more often. Cricket Connects has a specific focus on targeting groups not usually accessing cricket or physical activity opportunities including a focus on more women, those with a disability, and those who are socially disadvantaged becoming more active. The programme is designed to be holistic and increase individuals’ capacity in leadership and self, while also encourage increased physical activity and support those groups with COVID recovery.
Cricket Ireland seeks to recruit a Part-time Cricket Connect Officer based in and working with the Northern Cricket Union to support this initiative. This Cricket Connects role will support organisational and sectoral growth for Cricket in Ireland through increasing participation in sport and physical activity.
Working daily with the Northern Cricket Unions’ Development Team, and reporting regularly into the Cricket Ireland National Development Manager, the post-holder will be responsible for supporting the co-ordination and roll out of Cricket Ireland’s ‘Cricket Connects’ programme in partnership with the Northern Union. They will support the Participation department and Provincial Unions on Cricket Connect projects aimed at meeting the strategic priorities for cricket in Ireland, together with providing any associated administrative support across the Provincial Union Development Team.
• Support the roll out of all national programmes & initiatives being delivered through Cricket Connects
• Co-ordinate and deliver Cricket Connect Activator Training to local community groups and Clubs
• Co-ordinate and deliver Cricket Connect Community Cricket through social cricketing experiences to local community groups and Clubs.
• Provide direct customer support to the Provincial Unions and clubs in relation to all Cricket Ireland participation programmes
• Support the Coach Development Manager and Club Development & Safeguarding Officer with the development of resources for Cricket Connects.
• Develop strong working relationships with Provincial Unions and Clubs and act as a Cricket Ireland champion at all times
• Any other tasks relevant to the role
• Although, this is not a mandatory requirement, ideally the candidate will understand the administration and implementation involved in running a sporting club and/or an understanding of sports development
• A thorough knowledge of the role of physical activity in the promotion of an active lifestyle and the importance of physical activity for health and wellbeing.
• Knowledge of IT including working with databases, spreadsheets, word processing and presentation packages
• Full clean driving license and access to own vehicle
• Strong organisational skills incorporating excellent attention to detail
• Must be highly organised and able to work under pressure, with the ability to multi-task
• Excellent time management skills are required with the ability to work on one’s own and as part of team
• The facility to work flexible hours, as dictated by a sport which is largely leisure /volunteer based
• Demonstrable working knowledge of Microsoft IT and software packages including Office, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
• Full clean driving license
• Cricket Ireland National Development Manager
• Northern Cricket Union CEO
• Northern Cricket Union Development Teams
• Safeguarding Officer
• All affiliated Clubs
• The Rank Foundation
• Sport Northern Ireland
• Sport Ireland
• Local Sports Partnerships/Councils
• Salary: £22,000 per annum pro rata.
• Position tenure: 3-year fixed term contract, 18.75 hours per week
• Position location: NCU Offices, The Pavilion Complex, Stormont Estate BT4 3TA
• The closing date for applications will be Monday 27th June
• A detailed letter of application and full CV should be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org and will be confidential. Please advise where you saw the advert.
• Eligibility to work in ROI & UK is essential.
• Interviews will be held as soon as possible after the closing date.