England & Wales Cricket Board (ECB)
London, England, United Kingdom (Hybrid)
Posted: 09 June 2022
Link to Apply: https://www.linkedin.com/jobs/view/3110868337/
About the job
To lead on the development of marketing strategies, plans and activities to support the professional and recreational game.
This is a senior position within the Marketing team and plays a key role in achieving the team’s primary goal – to deliver growth across the game by driving more people to play, attend and follow cricket. This role is unique in that it sits across both the professional and recreational game, providing strategic opportunities to link these arms of the business and meet consumers and network customers at multiple touchpoints in the cricket ecosystem.
On the professional side, the role is responsible for brand, marketing and ticket sales across men’s and women’s competitions. It leads the creative and media strategies that support the 19 First Class Counties to acquire and retain attendance each season.
On the recreational side, the role will drive behind the ECB’s Participation & Growth marketing strategy, driving people to play, volunteer and engage in cricket. This role will have a specific focus on driving more children, females, and ethnically diverse groups to get involved and enjoy all that cricket has to offer. The role connects the Marketing team, and wider Commercial department into the Participation & Growth department as part of the leadership group supporting the Director of Participation and Growth.
WHO WE ARE
The England and Wales Cricket Board is the national governing body for all cricket in England and Wales, supporting the game at every level – from grassroots to professional.
We believe cricket is a force for good that can have an enduring impact on everyone’s lives and we have an ambitious strategy to inspire a generation to say ‘cricket is a game for me’. It provides great entertainment. It teaches important skills, both physical and social. It can help inclusion and social cohesion, bringing communities together.
The ECB welcomes applications from all backgrounds to ensure we deliver our Inspiring Generations strategy and fulfil our purpose to connect communities and improve lives through cricket.
YOU’LL LOVE THIS JOB IF
- You can lead the development of consumer and network marketing strategies and plans that respond to the business and wider landscape.
- You can lead a complex matrix of internal (peers and senior management) and external stakeholders (First Class Counties, County Cricket Boards and Clubs) to secure engagement and support for brilliant delivery, including direct management of others.
- You bring creativity, innovation and an adaptable mindset to new challenges in a fast-growing area of the business.
- You can work with data and insight to guide planning and decision making.
- You enjoy being accountable for results and work in an agile manner to adjust and optimise plans to react to the environment
YOU’LL BE DOING
- Play a key role in a collaborative relationship with the First Class Counties’ Marketing teams to ensure engagement and delivery of ticket sales across men’s and women’s professional competitions.
- Being the Marketing (and often Commercial department) Play a key role within the Participation and Growth department as part of the senior operations team.
- Leading on the overall strategic marketing plan to support the P&G objectives, spanning consumer and network marketing.
- Developing and selling in insight-driven sales and marketing strategies across the organisation and network
- Working in partnership with the Digital, Communications, Events and Commercial Partnerships teams where appropriate.
- Coach and manage Marketing Manager(s) within the team to deliver their best and improve their skills and experience.
- Lead the engagement with external agencies across data and insights, media, and creative agencies for consumer and recreational marketing campaigns, ensuring excellence from all.
- Manage allocated marketing budget across owned projects, maximising ROI.
- Demonstrable commercial marketing delivery achieving sales targets (e.g. ticket sales).
- Demonstrable experience of managing creative/advertising and media agencies.
- Demonstrable experience of brand management and building successful multi-channel campaign plans across owned, earned, shared and paid media.
- Demonstrable experience using data and insight to inform brand development, campaign planning and delivery.
- Demonstrable consumer marketing experience, network marketing advantageous.
- A track record of building effective working relationships with a range of stakeholders, both internally and externally.
- Confidence in and experience of presenting to diverse groups of stakeholders, including senior leadership.
- Strong leadership skills and willingness to play an influential role across multiple facets of the business.
- Experience managing junior team members.
- Competitive salary
- 25 days’ holiday
- Private medical insurance
- Non-contributory 8% pension
- Life assurance
- 30% discount on Castore items