International Cricket Council
Dubai, United Arab Emirates (On-site)
Posted: 14 June 2022
Link to Apply: https://www.linkedin.com/jobs/view/3124451758/
About the job
The International Cricket Council (‘ICC’) is the global governing body administrating all aspects of international cricket.
We are currently looking for Head of Women’s Cricket for our Cricket Operations team, reporting into the Chief Executive and based at the ICC headquarters in Dubai, UAE. The Head of Women’s Cricket role will be the strategic lead for the ICC in shaping the future success of women’s cricket and driving the continued growth of the game.
The role will work with the ICC Leadership Team and ICC Members to identify, agree and deliver initiatives to develop, grow and promote women’s cricket in line with the ICC’s strategy.
Responsibilities of the Head of Women’s Cricket include but are not limited to the following:
- Provide strategic direction for global women’s cricket, as a member of the ICC’s Senior Leadership Team;
- Develop and implement the operational plans for the ICC’s strategic priorities relating to women’s cricket and engaging more women in the sport;
- Inspire and influence internal and external stakeholders to develop and grow the number of female participants and improve profile and visibility of the women’s game across Members;
- Support the commercial growth of ICC women’s events;
- Advocate and influence internally and externally to grow female leadership within the sport;
- Manage and advise the ICC Women’s Committee, including preparing papers and implementing decisions;
- Present to the ICC Board and Committees on strategic women’s cricket issues;
- Work closely with CEO’s and other stakeholders within Member Boards to develop the women’s international cricket structure;
- Manage the women’s cricket budget; and
- Act as a spokesperson for the ICC on women’s cricket issues.
Knowledge, Skills, Attitude and Experience
- Executive level experience (5 years or more) driving cultural change and gender equity programmes;
- Very good cricket knowledge (with experience of working in sport is an advantage);
- Ability to build strong relationships across senior levels;
- Ability to collaborate and effectively manage multiple stakeholders and a complex and culturally diverse stakeholder landscape;
- Excellent written and oral communication in English including report-writing skills;
- Good problem-solving skills and the ability to work with people from different cultures and backgrounds;
- Motivated, enthusiastic attitude and able to work creatively on own initiative; and
- Good team player with a collaborative approach.
Conditions of Employment
- The role is based in our headquarters in Dubai, UAE.
- The selected candidate will be required to provide two recent work references: and
- The compensation offered will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.