About the job
Following the recent refurbishment of our estate to support hybrid working, this role will take full responsibility for managing the Office Services and Front of House operations at our London headquarters, whilst partnering with site contacts to manage sites in Edgbaston, Manchester, and Loughborough, ensuring we provide inspiring environments for our staff to work in.
This role will also take ownership of all office Health and Safety matters, the delivery of exceptional conferencing and catering facilities, as well as supporting the delivery of the reactive and proactive maintenance requirements.
WHO WE ARE
The England and Wales Cricket Board is the national governing body for all cricket in England and Wales, supporting the game at every level – from grassroots to professional.
We believe cricket is a force for good that can have an enduring impact on everyone’s lives and we have an ambitious strategy to inspire a generation to say ‘cricket is a game for me’. It provides great entertainment. It teaches important skills, both physical and social. It can help inclusion and social cohesion, bringing communities together.
The ECB welcomes applications from all backgrounds to ensure we deliver our Inspiring Generations strategy and fulfil our purpose to connect communities and improve lives through cricket.
- Stronger As One Team – We are stronger together. We allow for individual strengths and beliefs but head in the same direction. We respect, support and really listen to each other along the way.
- Push New Boundaries – We are bold, brave and curious. We challenge and don’t settle. We forge the future whilst remembering our roots.
- Be The Best In The Game – On & Off The Pitch – We train hard. We strive to be our best to help the team be the best. We celebrate our victories and learn from our let downs.
- Passion For Play – We are here to inspire & be inspired. We are serious about what we do, but don’t take ourselves seriously. We enjoy the journey and have fun.
YOU’LL LOVE THIS JOB IF
- You are passionate about seeking creative, innovative, and cost-effective ways to make our buildings look great and work efficiently for our people and visitors
- You’re a clear and articulate communicator, who has an eye for detail, and a focus on customer service.
- You have an unshakeable can-do attitude.
YOU’LL BE DOING
- Leading the front of house team to deliver first class customer service and create a welcoming & friendly first point of contact to the organisation.
- Ensuring all team members have clear service KPIs and role objectives.
- Managing our sites to ensure office services run smoothly and professionally, including managing cleaning, Fault log, postal services, storage and Audio Visual equipment in meeting and conference rooms, whilst continuing to provide inspiring and collaborative spaces for our people.
- Ensuring all sites meet Health and Safety requirements and comply with government legislation.
- Supporting the management of the relationship with landlord representatives regarding facilities management for all sites, ensuring SLAs are delivered by all parties.
- Implementing guidance from key departments and Executive Team to deliver an environment conducive to staff wellbeing and calm.
- Managing office service budgets, including contract negotiations, raising POs, and reconciling invoices.
- Supporting on sustainability issues, and the work to implement the ECB plan as part of a working group to monitor & reduce environmental impact.
- Support the requirements for any minor building or maintenance works by managing access and monitoring progress, and liaison with key contacts.
- Responding quickly to emergencies that may arise and dealing with them appropriately.
- Managing the delivery of exceptional conference and meeting facilities.
- Demonstrable experience in managing office services including Contract Management.
- Customer Service experience
- Relevant Health & Safety qualifications or be prepared to undertake relevant qualifications.
- A willingness to learn new skills and adapt in an exciting and rapidly developing environment
- Holiday – 25 days a year
- Volunteering – 2 days a year
- Pension – Non-contributory 8% pension
- Private medical insurance
- Employee health cash-back plan
- Long-term sickness insurance
- Life assurance – four times your annual basic salary
- Enhanced maternity
- Unmind – free and confidential access to a wellbeing app to help you manage your mental, physical, and financial wellbeing
- OpenBlend – an innovative coaching and performance management tool
- People Academy – a range of programmes and initiatives to help you develop and reach your potential
- Employee Assistance Programme – 24/7 confidential access to expert services including counselling, wellbeing, and independent legal and financial advice
- Free online fitness classes
- Free gym membership at onsite gym at Lords
- 30% Castore discount
- Cycle 2 Work Scheme
- Season ticket loan
- Preferential access to tickets to England and The Hundred games
- Free access to onsite gym at Lords Cricket ground
The England and Wales Cricket Board is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. We are committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment.
The ECB is committed to safeguarding and protecting the children and young people that we work with. As such, all posts are subject to a safer recruitment process, including the disclosure of criminal records and vetting checks. We ensure that we have a range of policies and procedures in place which promote safeguarding and safer working practice across our services.