Photo Credit: ICC
With only 30 days to go until the ICC Men’s T20 World Cup, additional tickets have been released for all matches, with the exception of the India v Pakistan fixture, which remains sold out.
Over 500,000 fans have already snapped up tickets to the T20 World Cup, which features the world’s best cricketers from 16 international teams playing around seven Australian host cities.
The ticket release includes the double-header at the SCG that features South Africa v Bangladesh and India v Group A runner-up, where the initial allocation of tickets were sold out.
There have also been a small number of tickets released for Australia’s opening fixture against New Zealand at the SCG on 22 October to ensure as many as people as possible can attend.
A number of other matches have had additional category A and B allocations released, which were previously exhausted.
Fans wishing to attend are encouraged to purchase tickets as soon as possible to avoid missing out on their desired matches and accessing the best seats available.
Tickets are available at t20worldcup.com with children’s tickets starting from just $5 and adult prices from $20.
The T20 World Cup gets underway on 16 October when Asia Cup champions Sri Lanka take on Namibia at Kardinia Park Stadium. The Final is set to be held on 13 November at MCG, where a new champion will be crowned.
FAST FACTS ABOUT THE ICC MEN’S T20 WORLD CUP
- The ICC T20 World Cup is the pinnacle global event for T20 cricket, the game’s fastest growing format
- Australia was originally scheduled to host the event in 2020, before it was postponed due to COVID-19 and re-scheduled for 16 October – 13 November 2022.
- The ICC Men’s T20 World Cup 2022 will feature 16 international teams playing 45 matches with the final to played on Sunday November 13 at the Melbourne Cricket Ground.
- Matches will be played in Adelaide (Adelaide Oval), Brisbane (The Gabba), Geelong (Kardinia Park Stadium), Hobart (Bellerive Oval), Melbourne (MCG), Perth (Perth Stadium) and Sydney (SCG)
- It’s the first time Australia will host the ICC Men’s T20 World Cup after a record-breaking women’s event, which was held in February – March 2020
- Australia will enter the eighth edition of the men’s event as defending champions after winning their maiden ICC Men’s T20 World Cup title in 2021, defeating New Zealand in in the final played at Dubai International Stadium
- Tickets are accessibly priced with kids tickets available from just $5 to all Super 12 matches and adult tickets start from $20 in each host city
- Hospitality packages are available t20worldcuphospitality.com
- ICC Travel and Tours packages are available at icctravelandtours.com