Photo Credit: Cricket Hong Kong
Cricket Hong Kong has announced the 14-player squad to compete at the East Asia Cup to be held in Kaizuka, Japan from the 26th – 31st October 2022.
This is the first time since 2019 that the East Asia Cup will take place having been impacted by Covid-19 and associated travel restrictions. Unfortunately, due to covid-19 restrictions, both Korea and China are unable to attend this edition of the tournament.
Head Coach, Chris Pickett said, “It’s great to see the Women’s squad back in action. It’s great to take on Japan who we competed against at previous editions of the East Asia Cup and Asian Games. We are also grateful to Kaizuka City near Osaka for hosting both teams and the support they have given to allow this series to take place. The ground will be hosting its first international fixtures.”
The series ends almost a year of competition for the squad since returning to competitive play after the impact of the Covid situation.
Kary Chan will lead a squad which has a balance of experience and emerging players. Georgina Bradley (Hong Kong Cricket Club) has been selected for the first time. The 16-year-old has been part of CHK’s Women’s Pathway squad and has been gaining experience playing both in the domestic leagues, Women’s Premier League as well as the CHK Women’s Development and Performance Squads.
Pickett went on to say: “It’s exciting to see one of our young players graduating from our Pathway Programme in Georgina Bradley. Georgina is an exciting young player that continues to go from strength to strength. This tour will provide a great experience and opportunities that I’m sure she will grab with both hands. She fully deserves to be a member of this squad and I am sure this will be the first of many international tours that we will see her on.”
The team will arrive in Japan on the 26th October ahead of their first game on the 27th October.
The squad of 14:
- Kary Chan © Craigengower Cricket Club
- Betty Chan Hong Kong Cricket Club
- Emma Lai Hong Kong Cricket Club
- Georgina Bradley Hong Kong Cricket Club
- Iqra Sahar Little Sai Wan Cricket Club
- Maryam Bibi Little Sai Wan Cricket Club
- Mariko Hill Hong Kong Cricket Club
- Natasha Miles Hong Kong Cricket Club
- Ruchitha Venkatesh Hong Kong Cricket Club
- Shanzeen Shahzad Little Sai Wan Cricket Club
- Tammy Chu Hong Kong Cricket Club
- Yasmin Daswani Hong Kong Cricket Club /Spencer Cricket Club
- Cindy Ho South Perth Cricket Club
- Hiu Ying Cheung (Lemon) Hong Kong Cricket Club
- Chris Pickett – Head Coach
- Saqlain Ghulam – Assistant Coach
- Cheuk Yan Chan – Physiotherapist
- Smita Chhetri – Manager
Match 1: Thursday 27th October - 11am (local time)
Match 2: Friday 28th October – 11am (local time)
Match 3: Saturday 29th October – 11am (local time)
Match 4: Sunday 30th October – 11am (local time)