Photo Credit: Cricket Ireland
The International Cricket Council (ICC) today announced the details of its broadcast arrangements for all 41 matches of the inaugural ICC U19 Women’s T20 World Cup 2023.
• All 41 matches to be broadcast for the first time at and ICC U19 World Cup on ICC.TV
• Sky Sports will broadcast both semi-finals and the final in Ireland and the UK
• Former Ireland Women’s international Isobel Joyce included in commentary team
• The complete list of broadcasters and territories can be accessed here
• The ICC U19 Women’s T20 World Cup fixtures schedule is available here
The event which is being hosted in South Africa begins on Saturday 14 January. The final will be played on Sunday 29 January in Potchefstroom where the first ever team will be crowned U19 Women’s T20 World Cup champions.
Ireland Under-19s Women’s side are in Group C alongside New Zealand, West Indies, and Indonesia. Ireland will open their campaign with a game against the West Indies on Day Two of the competition, Sunday 15 January at 10am local time (8am Ireland time).
The ICC’s live coverage of the matches will include a short build-up to the start of the game, an innings interval fill and a wrap-up.
Ireland Under-19s Women’s Squad
Amy Hunter (c), Siúin Woods (vc), Zara Craig, Georgina Dempsey, Rebecca Gough, Abbi Harrison, Jennifer Jackson, Johanna Loughran, Niamh McNulty, Aimee Maguire, Kia McCartney, Ellie McGee, Julie McNally, Freya Sargent, Annabel Squires. Non travelling reserves: Alice Walsh, Aoife Fisher.
Ireland Under-19s Women’s World Cup Matches
• 15 January: Ireland v West Indies (North West University; starts at 8am)
• 17 January: Ireland v New Zealand (JB Marks Oval; starts at 8am)
• 19 January: Ireland v Indonesia; North West University; starts at 8am)
• 20 January: Fourth place playoffs (If Ireland qualifies)
• 21-25 January: Super 6 Stage matches (If Ireland qualifies)
• 27 January: Semi-finals (If Ireland qualifies)
• 29 January: World Cup Final (If Ireland qualifies)
*All times are in Irish time.