Posted: 13 January 2023
Link to Apply: https://media.licdn.com/dms/document/C4E1FAQHK2ekpg-xp4w/feedshare-document-pdf-analyzed/0/1673601756356?e=1674691200&v=beta&t=J71Lwueyxq5DO7mXOitVpc79s4zTM4uBGu1I_SouyfU
RESPONSIBLE TO: Commercial Director
Digital Marketing Manager
Media and Communications Manager
RELEVANT GENERAL OBJECTIVES
• Manage and develop the marketing and communications team through exceptional leadership
• Protect, enhance and develop our brands and brand values
• Set the editorial and creative direction for owned, earned and paid media
SPECIFIC ROLE PROFILE
• Develop and implement a clear marketing, communications and media strategy
• Produce exceptional content for owned channels and set editorial direction and guidelines for
the wider marketing and communications team
• Build and maintain relations with local, national and specialist media to maximise earned
media and serve as the first point of contact for their enquiries
• Proactively develop the cricket element of the Club’s communications across owned channels
• Consider the best approach to paid media to achieve commercial objectives
• Build and maintain relations with the cricket department to support coaching and playing staff
with media interaction
• Manage media activity on domestic and international match days
• Advise the senior team on media strategy and crisis management
• Support the Head of Commercial Operations in protecting our brands
• Drive complete adherence to brand guidelines across all output
• Set clear editorial direction and optimise our content mix
• Develop a structured process for content creation and distribution
• Create content
• Review our communications products
• Ensure our email communications are timely, relevant and impactful
• Maintain flawless data integrity and compliance with general data protection regulations
• Optimise the sign-up process for our spectator WiFi solution
• Lead on match presentation at non-televised domestic fixtures
• Devise plans for match entertainment at domestic matches
• Ensure marketing promise is upheld in matchday delivery
• Support the Head of Commercial Operations in pursuit of a number one position in domestic
and international spectator experience venue rankings
• Develop an annual budget plan with the Commercial Director
• Oversee day to day spend of marketing and communications budgets
STRATEGY & PLANNING
• Adhere to the department’s strategic planning processes
• Set and monitor key performance indicators for all direct reports
• Manage departmental training and development requirements
• Deliver impactful ticketing campaigns that uphold the Club’s reputation for impact and
• Increase attendances at Vitality Blast fixtures to the point of regular in-advance sell-outs
• Sell-out all international fixtures in advance
• Maintain our upward trend in membership and season ticket sales
• Devise and manage the delivery of a media servicing strategy to support existing relationships
and develop new relationships for future business opportunities
• Provide line management for our Ticket Office Manager with a focus on complete integration
between our on-sale processes, our transactional and customer records, and our efforts to
drive ticket sales
CONFERENCING, BANQUETING AND PUBLIC DINING
• Deliver to the marketing briefs of the sales, service, catering and restaurant teams
• Interpret their briefs and output marketing materials in keeping with our brand and values
EQUITY, DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
Nottinghamshire County Cricket Club is committed to being an Equal Opportunities Employer.
The Club recognises the benefits of a diverse workforce and is committed to providing a working
environment that is free from discrimination.
The Club will seek to promote the principles of equality and diversity in all its dealings with employees,
workers, job applicants, clients, customers, suppliers, contractors, recruitment agencies and the
All employees and those who act on the Club’s behalf are required to adhere to this policy when
undertaking their duties or when representing the Club in any other guise.
Nottinghamshire County Cricket Club is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
We ensure that we have a range of policies and procedures in place which promote safeguarding and safer working practice across our services and are committed to ensuring safeguarding practice reflects statutory responsibilities, government guidance and complies with best practice and the ECB requirements to ensure that all children participating in cricket have a safe, positive and fun experience, whatever their level of involvement.
HOW TO APPLY
If you would like to join us at Trent Bridge please send your CV and covering letter, including details of
your current salary and expectations to:
Or post this to:
Nottinghamshire County Cricket Club
Closing date for receipt of applications is 17.00pm Monday 23rd January 2023. Interview date: w/c 23rd January 2023
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early if we receive sufficient applications for the role.
Therefore, if you are interested, please submit your application as early as possible.
Candidates must be eligible to work in the UK.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults and expect the same commitment from all staff and volunteers.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to building an inclusive environment for all employees. When submitting your details, please let us know if you require any support or reasonable adjustments during the interview process.
No agencies please.