About the job
Commercial Development Lead – W/BBL
– Permanent Full-Time role in a leading sporting organisation
– Contribute to the success of Cricket Australia’s Commercial team
– Melbourne Location
About the role
We’re looking for a driven Commercial Development Lead to join our Commercial team. This role participates in the Commercial Team’s efforts to execute the Commercial strategy, achieve budgeted revenue targets and to sell all available assets across our Big Bash Leagues.
Reporting to the Senior Commercial Sales Manager, this is an amazing opportunity to join a purpose driven organisation. Uniting and inspiring communities through Cricket is our culture, and we’ve never been prouder of the role our people play in making Cricket a sport for all Australians.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Preparing sales pitch documents, data packs and other documentation to respond to prospects.
- Supporting the negotiation and contracting of new partners, and the creation of commercial proposals for existing CA partners.
W/BBL Commercial Program & Club Support
- Work closely with the W/BBL League Team to collaborate on new partners, sales processes, asset creation and implementation ensuring that new partners align to the Big Bash strategy and objectives.
- Support W/BBL Clubs to approve commercial deals, manage commercial related queries and provide insights regarding brands, categories, and market opportunities
CA and W/BBL Commercial Sales Digital Program
- Govern and manage the commercialisation of the CA digital eco-system.
- Oversee the digital commercial framework to ensure the assets and platforms are structured to optimise long term revenue.
- Create new digital assets and build schedules for new partners in liaison with CA Digital.
Commercial Program Support
- Line management and development of the Commercial Coordinator.
- Work with sales and design agencies to lead the creation of sponsorship sales collateral.
- 10+ years of sponsorship and new business sales experience (from lead to close)
- Experience in solution sales to answer a customer’s brief
- Commercial sales experience (business to business)
- Negotiation experience
- Experience in valuing digital assets and inventory
- High degree of commercial and digital nous
- Strong focus on attention to detail and accuracy
What’s in it for you?
At Cricket we work hard to deliver the season, but we play hard too – we offer an additional week leave to all of our employees at the end of season! As a CA employee, you will also have to other benefits including:
- Tickets to the Cricket for you to take your friends and family and experience Australia’s favourite game!
- A flexible working environment, meaning we strike the balance of what you need and what works for the business (this isn’t limited to remotely working)
- Discounts from our partners and salary packaging options
- A multitude of leave types including paid parental leave and volunteer leave
The work we do across Australian Cricket stretches across the sporting and entertainment industries – which means there are all kinds of opportunities for bright-minded, passionate and friendly people.
Cricket’s a sport for all Australians and our workplace reflects that. To deliver the best services and to achieve our vision of being a sport for all Australians, we strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disability, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, and LGBTIQ+ people.
Vaccinations for our workers provide a key contribution to enabling our summers of cricket, and keeping our players, workers and fans safe. In order to support this, Cricket Australia is mandating vaccinations for all of their employees and will be asking about vaccination status as part of our employment process.
Australian Cricket, including Cricket Australia, is committed to being a child safe organisation and requires all team members to hold a valid Working with Children Check.
If you want to learn more about how we play then apply now – we are looking forward to meeting you!
Please submit your resume & cover letter outlining your experience meeting the key criteria by 5pm, Friday 3 February 2023.