About the job
The successful candidate for this role will conduct investigations in respect of alleged breaches of ECB Regulations in relation to domestic cricket.
WHO WE ARE
The England and Wales Cricket Board is the national governing body for all cricket in England and Wales, supporting the game at every level – from grassroots to professional.
We believe cricket is a force for good that can have an enduring impact on everyone’s lives and we have an ambitious strategy to inspire a generation to say ‘cricket is a game for me’. It provides great entertainment. It teaches important skills, both physical and social. It can help inclusion and social cohesion, bringing communities together.
The ECB welcomes applications from all backgrounds to ensure we deliver our Inspiring Generations strategy and fulfil our purpose to connect communities and improve lives through cricket.
- Stronger As One Team – We are stronger together. We allow for individual strengths and beliefs but head in the same direction. We respect, support and really listen to each other along the way.
- Push New Boundaries – We are bold, brave and curious. We challenge and don’t settle. We forge the future whilst remembering our roots.
- Be The Best In The Game – On & Off The Pitch – We train hard. We strive to be our best to help the team be the best. We celebrate our victories and learn from our let downs.
- Passion For Play – We are here to inspire & be inspired. We are serious about what we do, but don’t take ourselves seriously. We enjoy the journey and have fun.
YOU’LL LOVE THIS JOB IF
- You have an interest in sport and are keen to work for a national governing body of a major sport.
- You are keen to use your investigative experience in a sports setting.
- You enjoy working in a positive team environment but are equally comfortable working on your own initiative.
YOU’LL BE DOING
- Conducting investigations into alleged regulatory breaches on behalf of the ECB and acting as a point of contact and responding to reports of alleged breaches
- Carrying out relevant, proportionate and justifiable investigative actions, including conducting interviews of witnesses and persons of interest, ensuring all decisions are clearly documented, and that investigations and associated actions adhere to relevant legislation and internal procedures
- Ensuring that evidence and other material gathered during investigations is properly recorded, retained and disclosed as appropriate
- Helping to prepare cases for ECB disciplinary proceedings
- Liaising with the ECB’s Regulatory Committee in relation to disciplinary cases, including the progress and outcomes of key investigations
- The highest standards of integrity and confidentiality
- Significant, demonstrable experience in conducting complex investigations in the public or private sector
- Experience of dealing with complainants, whistle-blowers or HUMINT (Human Intelligence)
- Experience of disclosure processes either within a criminal or civil environment
- The ability to write detailed and clear reports on complex issues
- The ability to influence at all levels, multi-task in dynamic environments, problem solve, and to work alone or as part of a team
- Excellent interpersonal and effective communication skills
- Competitive salary
- Holiday – 25 days a year
- Volunteering – 2 days a year
- Pension – Non-contributory 8% pension
- Private medical insurance
- Employee health cash-back plan
- Long-term sickness insurance
- Life assurance – four times your annual basic salary
- Enhanced maternity
- Unmind – free and confidential access to a wellbeing app to help you manage your mental, physical, and financial wellbeing
- OpenBlend – an innovative coaching and performance management tool
- People Academy – a range of programmes and initiatives to help you develop and reach your potential
- Employee Assistance Programme – 24/7 confidential access to expert services including counselling, wellbeing, and independent legal and financial advice
- Free online fitness classes
- 30% Castore discount
- Cycle 2 Work Scheme
- Season ticket loan
- Preferential access to tickets to England and The Hundred games