England & Wales Cricket Board (ECB)
England, United Kingdom (Hybrid)
Posted: 25 January 2023
Link to Apply: https://www.linkedin.com/jobs/view/3450791921/
About the job
We’re introducing this exciting role to lead and oversee the physiotherapy and rehabilitation support to England contracted players. This will include collaboration with the England Team Doctor and Physiotherapists from the 18 First Class County Clubs. You will work closely with other members of the MDT to optimise fast bowler long term development also quality assure the Physiotherapy support to England Pathway programmes.
Applications will for this role will be open until 3rd February with a view to holding interviews week commencing 20th February 2023.
WHO WE ARE
The England and Wales Cricket Board is the national governing body for all cricket in England and Wales, supporting the game at every level – from grassroots to professional.
We believe cricket is a force for good that can have an enduring impact on everyone’s lives and we have an ambitious strategy to inspire a generation to say ‘cricket is a game for me’. It provides great entertainment. It teaches important skills, both physical and social. It can help inclusion and social cohesion, bringing communities together.
The ECB welcomes applications from all backgrounds to ensure we deliver our Inspiring Generations strategy and fulfil our purpose to connect communities and improve lives through cricket.
- Stronger As One Team – We are stronger together. We allow for individual strengths and beliefs but head in the same direction. We respect, support and really listen to each other along the way.
- Push New Boundaries – We are bold, brave and curious. We challenge and don’t settle. We forge the future whilst remembering our roots.
- Be The Best In The Game – On & Off The Pitch – We train hard. We strive to be our best to help the team be the best. We celebrate our victories and learn from our let downs.
- Passion For Play – We are here to inspire & be inspired. We are serious about what we do, but don’t take ourselves seriously. We enjoy the journey and have fun.
YOU’LL LOVE THIS JOB IF
- You have a passion for delivering high performance physiotherapy
- You have a strong interest in leadership
- You enjoy being adaptable and having a varied work programme including overseas travel
YOU’LL BE DOING
- Lead and oversee the physiotherapy and rehabilitation processes of England contracted players.
- Work with the England Team Physiotherapists and England Team Doctor to update and report availability status of players to Head of Performance Science and Medicine, Performance Director and Selectors.
- Co-ordinate profiling and screening in conjunction with the Physical Preparation Lead and England Team Doctor.
- Work with the Physical Preparation Lead to communicate with medical teams of oversees franchises regarding the medical needs, physical preparation and on going status of England contracted players.
- Deliver support to England contracted players and England Programmes as required.
- Line manage England Team Physiotherapists and Soft Tissue practitioner including any consultants engaged.
- Actively involved in the development of an England Cricket Athlete Management System and on going injury surveillance.
- Drive high standards and support best practice across the Men’s County game through development of a community of practice, collaborative injury surveillance and prevention projects and targeted CPD.
- Provide subject matter knowledge to the County Science and Medicine Audit & Review including targeted developmental follow ups with individual County practitioners.
- Collaborate with ECB CMO and duty of care team and play an active role in game wide medical standards and governance processes.
- Contributing to the ongoing development of injury prevention and management content for coach development courses and/or county talent pathway education.
- Extensive experience of working in professional team sport, preferably within Cricket, including a comprehensive understanding of cricket injury and performance requirements
- Experience in leading and managing a Physiotherapy department in professional sport
- Significant understanding of the needs of elite professional cricketers
- Demonstrable high-quality physiotherapy treatment and rehabilitation skills
- Demonstrable effective diagnostic/clinical decision-making skills
- Practical knowledge of injury rehabilitation and prevention training
- Practical knowledge of injury surveillance and workload monitoring methods
- Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check
- Full Driver’s license
- Competitive salary
- Holiday – 25 days a year
- Pension – Non-contributory 8% pension
- Private medical insurance
- Employee health cash-back plan
- Long-term sickness insurance
- Life assurance – four times your annual basic salary
- Enhanced maternity
- Unmind – free and confidential access to a wellbeing app to help you manage your mental, physical, and financial wellbeing
- OpenBlend – an innovative coaching and performance management tool
- People Academy – a range of programmes and initiatives to help you develop and reach your potential
- Employee Assistance Programme – 24/7 confidential access to expert services including counselling, wellbeing, and independent legal and financial advice
- Free online fitness classes
- 30% Castore discount
- Cycle 2 Work Scheme
- Season ticket loan
- Preferential access to tickets to England and The Hundred games