Adelaide, South Australia, Australia (Hybrid)
Posted: 17 February 2023
Link to Apply: https://www.linkedin.com/jobs/view/3481086340/
About the job
Working for Cricket Australia means that you become a part of Australia’s proud history and help us look toward the future as we seek to drive bold, transformative change in digital experiences, junior participation, culturally diverse inclusion, gender equality and sustainability, re-imagine the W/BBL, build player connection through storytelling and play our part in developing the game globally.
Our purpose is clear; to unite and inspire everyone to love and play cricket. Cricket is so much more than just a game; it brings people together and binds us all through our shared experiences.
This is your opportunity to join a purpose led organisation that truly makes a difference to Australians.
ABOUT THE ROLE
This is an exciting time for us, as due to an internal promotion we are recruiting for a System Administrator within our Technology department, based in Adelaide. In this national support role you will apply your broad technology background and passion for users to provide Cricket’s people with an effective and efficient technology environment. You will work with the organisation and technology stakeholders to support the use and ongoing development of Australian Cricket’s enterprise systems and infrastructure.
Reporting to the Service Operations Manager, you’ll be responsible for:
– Providing Level 2 and 3 support and ensuring quality customer service
– Supporting the availability of key national business systems
– Establishing and maintaining relationships with service owners and supporting vendors
– Being on call for escalated technology issues at agreed times
– Following incident management procedures
– Asset management
– Providing venue maintenance to local venue facilities including, but not limited to, operational maintenance
– Providing setup and support for matches and events at local venue facilities
– Providing local user support when required
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
– 5+ years software/infrastructure administration, development and/or delivery experience
– Relevant tertiary qualifications: Bachelor of Science (Software/Systems Engineering/Infrastructure) or equivalent
– ITIL v3 or above
– Proven hands-on experience in working on a range of small, medium and large-scale projects involving Business and Technology change
– Previous experience in technology support
– Customer oriented and appropriate interpersonal and time management skills
– Experience in developing and updating technical and process documentation
– Demonstrated ability to define user and functional requirements within a structured system development lifecycle methodology
– Ability to leverage sound business judgment to translate complex business issues into detailed requirements and specifications
– Strong written and verbal communications skills
– Demonstrated experience in Microsoft technologies, including, but not limited to:
o Active Directory
o Windows Server
o Office 365
– Moderate to advanced Azure Automation and PowerShell scripting skills
– Demonstrated experience in Windows Server administration
– Demonstrated experience in network administration, routing and switching
– Experience in installation and configuration of operating systems, networks, applications, and tools – including maintenance of the same
The following skills are not required, but will be highly regarded:
– Fundamental knowledge of cloud infrastructure
– Experience with logging, monitoring and incident response tools such as PagerDuty
– Experience or knowledge in applying project management techniques, Waterfall and Agile methodologies and principles in projects
– Knowledge and experience working in sport and/or not for profit sector
– Experience in vendor sourcing and management
– Demonstrated experience in level 2/3 desktop administration
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
Our employees at Cricket are gifted an additional week leave at the end of season! As a CA employee, you will also have access to other benefits including:
– Tickets to the Cricket for you to take your friends and family and experience Australia’s favourite game!
– A flexible working environment, meaning we strike the balance of what you need and what works for the business (this isn’t limited to remotely working)
– Discounts from our partners such as Asics and salary packaging options
– A multitude of leave types including paid parental leave and volunteer leave
THE IMPORTANT STUFF
Cricket is a sport for all Australians and our workplace reflects that. We recognise our differences are our strength and a diverse and inclusive workforce is fundamental to our success. We strongly encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, people of colour, women, LGBTIQ+ people, people with diverse religious beliefs and people with a disability to apply.
Australian Cricket, including Cricket Australia, is committed to being a child safe organisation and requires all team members to hold a valid Working with Children Check.
If you need assistance or adjustments to fully participate in the application process, please contact email@example.com
Please submit your application via the link by 5pm Friday, 3 March.
In the meantime, follow us on our socials via Instagram @cricketaustralia, via Twitter @cricketaus and via our website https://www.cricketaustralia.com.au/