England & Wales Cricket Board (ECB)
London, England, United Kingdom (Hybrid)
Posted: 15 February 2023
Link to Apply: https://www.linkedin.com/jobs/view/3482372337/
About the job
To lead the ECB ADU team to support First Class Counties, County Boards and National County Cricket Clubs to effectively manage cases of discrimination.
WHO WE ARE
The England and Wales Cricket Board is the national governing body for all cricket in England and Wales, supporting the game at every level – from grassroots to professional.
We believe cricket is a force for good that can have an enduring impact on everyone’s lives and we have an ambitious strategy to inspire a generation to say ‘cricket is a game for me’. It provides great entertainment. It teaches important skills, both physical and social. It can help inclusion and social cohesion, bringing communities together.
The ECB welcomes applications from all backgrounds to ensure we deliver our Inspiring Generations strategy and fulfil our purpose to connect communities and improve lives through cricket.
- Stronger As One Team – We are stronger together. We allow for individual strengths and beliefs but head in the same direction. We respect, support and really listen to each other along the way.
- Push New Boundaries – We are bold, brave and curious. We challenge and don’t settle. We forge the future whilst remembering our roots.
- Be The Best In The Game – On & Off The Pitch – We train hard. We strive to be our best to help the team be the best. We celebrate our victories and learn from our let downs.
- Passion For Play – We are here to inspire & be inspired. We are serious about what we do, but don’t take ourselves seriously. We enjoy the journey and have fun.
YOU’LL LOVE THIS JOB IF:
- Enjoy leading teams
- Enjoy building relationships
- Can inspire others
- Have a passion for recreational cricket
YOU’LL BE DOING
- Support the Director of Anti-Discrimination to develop a proactive strategy to tackle discrimination across the game.
- Implementation and overview of an agreed process for the recording, reviewing and allocation of discrimination concerns.
- Work collaboratively to develop a game-wide view of discrimination
- Support the game to recognise, address and prevent incidents of discrimination
- Lead the management of the Anti-Discrimination process for cases relating to the game that require ECB involvement. This includes working with internal departments including but not limited to, Participation & Growth, Integrity and Legal, as well as external support agencies/firms as required.
- Lead on the management of the discipline process for cases relating to the recreational game that require ECB involvement.
- Lead a team of proactive resources supporting County Cricket Boards & First-Class Counties, to set up systems and procedures to carry out effective judicial and Anti-Discrimination processes.
- Set and proactively drive high quality standards and procedures for all investigations into discrimination and Recreational game Discipline across the game.
- Hold overall supervisory responsibility for investigations into allegations of Discrimination.
- Provide guidance and advice to Cricket organisations on best practice for investigations and judicial processes.
- Ensure themes and trends are captured and inform internal EDI partners who can consider proactive education and awareness programmes.
- Represent the ADU in stakeholder meetings and events as required.
- Establish professional relationships with external resources to increase investigation resilience.
- Manage the budget for Discrimination and Discipline operational costs
- Any other duties as delegated by line management that progress the organisational drive to make Cricket the most inclusive sport.
- Experience of leading successful teams in complex areas of work, including investigations
- Experience of developing successful partnerships with external stakeholders at a National level
- A desire to drive out all forms of discrimination in Cricket
- Experience of developing and implementing new strategies
- Competitive salary
- Holiday – 25 days a year
- Pension – Non-contributory 8% pension
- Private medical insurance
- Employee health cash-back plan
- Long-term sickness insurance
- Life assurance – four times your annual basic salary
- Enhanced maternity
- Unmind – free and confidential access to a wellbeing app to help you manage your mental, physical, and financial wellbeing
- OpenBlend – an innovative coaching and performance management tool
- People Academy – a range of programmes and initiatives to help you develop and reach your potential
- Employee Assistance Programme – 24/7 confidential access to expert services including counselling, wellbeing, and independent legal and financial advice
- Free online fitness classes
- 30% Castore discount
- Cycle 2 Work Scheme
- Season ticket loan
- Preferential access to tickets to England and The Hundred games