England & Wales Cricket Board (ECB)
London, England, United Kingdom (Hybrid)
Posted: 19 April 2023
Link to Apply: https://www.linkedin.com/jobs/view/3572345738/
About the job
The role would look to employ full-time an officer that has the qualities needed to administer the SiCG (executive) and its activities, develop and implement guidelines and provide support for all regulation in this area through the Regulatory Committee (non-executive).
WHO WE ARE
The England and Wales Cricket Board is the national governing body for all cricket in England and Wales, supporting the game at every level – from grassroots to professional.
We believe cricket is a force for good that can have an enduring impact on everyone’s lives, and we have an ambitious strategy to inspire a generation to say ‘cricket is a game for me’. It provides great entertainment. It teaches important skills, both physical and social. It can help inclusion and social cohesion, bringing communities together.
The ECB welcomes applications from all backgrounds to ensure we deliver our Inspiring Generations strategy and fulfil our purpose to connect communities and improve lives through cricket.
- Stronger As One Team – We are stronger together. We allow for individual strengths and beliefs but head in the same direction. We respect, support and really listen to each other along the way.
- Push New Boundaries – We are bold, brave and curious. We challenge and don’t settle. We forge the future whilst remembering our roots.
- Be The Best In The Game – On & Off The Pitch – We train hard. We strive to be our best to help the team be the best. We celebrate our victories and learn from our let downs.
- Passion For Play – We are here to inspire & be inspired. We are serious about what we do, but don’t take ourselves seriously. We enjoy the journey and have fun.
YOU’LL LOVE THIS JOB IF
- You enjoy work which requires a keen attention to detail.
- You are a clear and articulate communicator
- You thrive in a busy, challenging and exciting environment where no two days are alike.
- You enjoy interacting with people in and around the business and developing strong working relationships.
YOU’LL BE DOING
- Organising and running the meetings, minutes and actions of Safety in Cricket Group
- Working with stakeholders to support systems and process that provide data / surveillance monitoring / reporting safety issues in professional and recreational cricket.
- Managing projects including guidelines, standards and policies that support a safer playing and training environment.
- Supporting translation of Safety in Cricket recommendations into relevant guideline and potential changes to regulations or laws of the game
- Managing the relationship between the, MCC, ICC, International NGBs and other stakeholders including other Sports NGBs, Universities, businesses, players and coaches, Science and Medicine teams, injury surveillance and relevant ECB departments and committees including those related to regulations and safety.
- Keeping ECB in-line with relevant and up to date health and safety principles / regulations.
- Experience managing a committee and / or projects including ensuring deliverables and timelines being met
- Strong collaboration and communication skills
- Experience of working with equivalent demands of elite sport.
- High level proficiency in appropriate IT skills including Microsoft office and database / relevant software
- Ability to support translation of project and surveillance findings into guidelines and information.
- An understanding of health and safety legislation / governance
- Familiarity with sports science and medicine information / data
- Familiarity with data governance including consent and confidentiality
- An interest in cricket / sport
- Undergraduate degree or higher and/ or equivalent experience in health and safety, managing information, data, analysis, IT, sports science or other affiliated degrees.
- Competitive salary
- 25 days’ holiday
- Private medical insurance
- Non-contributory 8% pension
- Life assurance
- Free on-site gym
- Subsidised canteen
- 30% Castore discount