International Cricket Council
Dubai, United Arab Emirates (On-site)
Posted: 25 April 2023
Link to Apply: https://www.linkedin.com/jobs/view/3579522839/
About the job
The International Cricket Council (‘ICC’) is the global governing body for the sport, which administers all aspects of international cricket.
We are currently looking for a Manager – Digital Product to manage the development and delivery of the ICC’s digital products including its websites, native mobile apps, content management system and suite of sponsor activations that sit on ICC digital platforms.
Based at the ICC headquarters in Dubai, UAE, the role will report to Senior Manager – Digital Products and Data and be responsible for all aspects of the ICC’s digital products.
Our ideal candidate will manage the development and implementation of the ICC’s digital products including its websites, native mobile apps, content management system, ICC.tv and suite of fan engagement activations that sit on ICC digital platforms. The candidate will provide technical expertise, innovative direction, and best in class project management to ensure product excellence aligned with the ICC’s digital strategy. Reporting to the Senior Manager – Digital Products & Data, this individual will be the primary point of contact for managing a world class product experience for hundreds of millions of cricket fans across the world.
Responsibilities of Manager – Digital Product include but are not limited to the following:
Assist Senior Manager – Digital Products and Head of Digital with:
- Developing product roadmaps for all existing and potential future platforms including the ICC and its tournament websites, mobile applications, and content management systems.
- Gathering and drafting of organisational technical and operational digital requirements for the wider business needs.
- Maintaining project delivery plans for multiple projects including overlapping ICC events
- Manage the day-to-day relationship with the external product development, design, UX, research and project teams.
- Budget management – ensuring projects are delivered within budget and on time.
- Liaise with key stakeholders in the organization including: Commercial, Sponsorship, Marketing, Events, Media & Communications, Development and Legal teams to understand and translate their needs into the right product development initiatives.
- Work with the key stakeholders to set appropriate KPIs for all digital products.
- Ensure the tracking and measurement of all KPIs.
- Oversee the creation of wireframes, user journeys and product specifications.
- Work with website and app development vendors to prioritise feature development through agile processes such as sprint planning and backlog grooming.
- Liaise with the digital content team to increase content consumption across website, mobile, and native applications including ICC.tv.
- Collaborate with the digital content teams to provide insight into content and product enhancement opportunities including improvements to workflows and content management systems.
- Improve discoverability of products including App / Play store optimisations and SEO.
- Work alongside the sponsorship team to ensure any necessary brand digital integrations are planned and executed in line with agreed activations and on time.
- Responsible for evolution and continuous development of all ICC digital products, including ongoing product enhancements and bug-fixing prioritisation.
- Identify and prioritise future platforms on which to develop and deploy ICC experiences.
- Provide regular product performance insight reports including liaising with ICC data and Insight partner to track KPIs and provide periodic audience insights.
- Provide industry best practice advice to digital team on digital design, website, mobile and app development capabilities, and features.
- Maintaining an awareness of the wider digital, sports and technology industries in order to identify and adapt to emerging trends, ensuring best in class digital products.
Knowledge, Skills, Attitude and Experience
- At least 3+ years working in a digital product environment.
- Demonstrable management of delivering high performing, highly trafficked, complex digital products
- Experience in turning business objectives into digital development strategies and achieving measurable outcomes.
- Experience of delivering global app across a range of mobile operating systems
- Proficient understanding of fan data and how to drive audience engagement through implicit / explicit personalisation strategies.
- Understanding of technical and consumer trends and how they impact the ICC’s product roadmap
- Experience managing third-party vendors across overlapping projects with competing timescales and priorities.
- Experience working with agile development processes.
- Experience in delivering complex data projects across platforms and vendors.
- Previous experience of defining product, marketing and/or commercial strategies, briefing vendors and having end-to-end product management accountability.
- Previous experience of implementing digital change across a complex organisation.
- Good understanding of the UI / UX best practices and how they impact product performance.
- Ability to develop commercial business cases, outlining business benefits, for digital projects.
- Experience working on an OTT streaming product is desirable.
- Ability to interpret technical projects into clear terminology to be able to present to a team of non-technical stakeholders.
- Proven at influencing senior management and executive levels.
- Deep understanding of cricket and the unique nature of the sport is highly desirable.
Conditions of Employment
- The role is based in our headquarters in Dubai, UAE.
- The selected candidate will be required to provide two recent work references.
- The compensation offered will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.