International Cricket Council
Dubai, United Arab Emirates (On-site)
Posted: 26 April 2023
Link to Apply: https://www.linkedin.com/jobs/view/3584774753/
About the job
The International Cricket Council (‘ICC’) is the global governing body for the sport, which administers all aspects of international cricket.
We are currently looking for a Manager – Event Logistics to work in our Events team to support the delivery of world class ICC events through the implementation of efficient logistical operations for participating teams and ICC staff.
The role reports to the Senor Manager – Event Operations and whilst it is based at the ICC headquarters in Dubai, UAE it may involve some international travel.
Responsibilities of the Manager – Event Logistics include but are not limited to the following:
- Management of all international team travel arrangements for all commercial events.
- Management of staff international travel requirements for all commercial events.
- Liaison with host on visa requirements for all stakeholders for all commercial events.
- Management of international team baggage arrangements and liaison with host on domestic baggage movement plans for all commercial events.
- Liaison with host to make and manage all staff domestic flight and ground transport plans for all commercial events.
- Provide support to the development and documentation of event master schedules where required.
- Development and management of a full schedule of staff travel for all commercial events.
- Management of ordering and distribution of staff formal clothing for all commercial events.
- Management of ordering and delivery of mass event clothing range, and liaison with host on warehousing and distribution plans for all commercial events.
- Support the delivery of global pathway events where required with international travel bookings and visa procurement.
- Management of event memorabilia programme and official archive storage.
Knowledge, Skills, Attitude and Experience
- Educated to degree level.
- At least 3 years’ experience of working in the travel management industry ideally with an excellent understanding of the requirements of sports teams, ideally cricket teams.
- Highly organized and a focus on timely completion of tasks.
- Strong finance management and record keeping skills.
- Exceptional time management skills.
- Strong people management, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Experience in working across multiple cultures is desirable.
- Ethical, open and honest, respecting the diversity of cultures and opinions.
- Practical, structured and disciplined approach to work.
- Result orientated – the existence of a positive, ‘can-do’ mentality.
- Thorough with a strong attention to detail.
- Demands high standards.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment.
- Comfortable working in a dynamic environment with a positive approach to last minute changes.
- Ability to work on a number of projects simultaneously.
Conditions of Employment
- The role is based in our headquarters in Dubai, UAE.
- The selected candidate will be required to provide two recent work references.
- The compensation offered will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.