Cricket West Indies (CW), which is headquartered in Antigua, is the governing body responsible for cricket in the West Indies. Its mission is to manage, develop and promote cricket to the benefit and enjoyment of the West Indian people and the world.
Play a lead role in the development and execution of the CWr’s strategy for cricket within regional territories and internationally. Direct the daily operation of the function through the effective management of the department, team operations unit, the efficient deployment of resources & supplies, the control of assigned budgets to contribute to the delivery of a superior cricket performance and the enhancement of the CWI brand.
Key Areas of Responsibility
1 Strategic & Operational Planning
- Lead and coordinate the implementation of the Cricket Department’s short, medium and long-term operational plans and performance objectives.
- Direct the Cricket Department managers in the execution, monitoring and control of the daily operation of the Cricket function to agreed service standards.
- Operations Delivery:
- Oversee the management of the delivery of operational processes.
- Game Development:
- Oversee the management and growth of development programmes throughout the region
- Oversee the development and implementation of CWI’s strategy in the core cricket areas.
Skills & Experience Required
- Master’s Degree in Sports Management, Business Management or Logistics OR equivalent professional qualification.
- Professional Certification in Coaching desirable.
- Minimum 5 years working experience in a similar Cricketing role.
- OR 10 years’ experience in Sports Management working with Elite Athletes.
- First Class / List A experience desirable
- Fully skilled/competent
- Strong leadership and management skills.
- Ability to manage and measure work including setting clear objectives and measures, clearly assigning responsibility for tasks and decisions. and monitoring progress against objectives set for self, direct reports and the areas for which you are responsible.
- Highly competent strategic and operational planner.
- Strong planning, organisation and execution skills.
- Networking & influencing skills.
- Strong analytical and creative problem-solving skills.
- Competent in use of current Microsoft Office Suite.
- Broad understanding of the Sports Management Business.
- An affinity and detailed knowledge of Cricket-the game and the administrative/logistical function.
- Continuously keeps up to date on current Cricketing and Sports Management developments. Maintains up to date mandatory licences and certifications.
For a detailed job description, please visit www.windiescricket.com
Please send your curriculum vitae with a cover letter by 14 June 2023 to:
The HR Manager, Cricket West Indies, Coolidge Cricket Grounds, St. George, Antigua W.I.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.