Photo Credit: Marylebone Cricket Club
MCC has announced the launch of a three-year Cricket Strategy, aiming to link the Club’s cricket objectives to its bold vision to aspire to be the finest cricket club in the world, working for the good of the game.
Being the finest takes a true passion for excellence, a desire to not accept compromise and a commitment to continually raise performance standards and exceed expectations.
Cricket is a sport played by all and MCC has a unique opportunity to positively impact and grow its reach to all levels. To do this, the Club has five objectives it plans to achieve by 2024:
- Provide strong global, independent leadership on cricket and specifically on the Laws and the Spirit of Cricket.
- Increase diversity of playing opportunities through Road to Lord’s fixtures and by broadening the MCC Out-Match programme.
- Develop the MCC playing programme to provide enjoyable fixtures for Members in underrepresented areas of strategic importance and to grow cricket as a game for all, throughout the United Kingdom and globally.
- Provide increased opportunities for young people to access cricket and develop their cricketing skills.
- Present all facilities as world-class and fit-for-purpose, befitting the world’s finest cricket club and the Home of Cricket.
Underpinning these objectives MCC aims to be a welcoming, service-driven host to all who play at or visit Lord’s.