England & Wales Cricket Board (ECB)
London, England, United Kingdom, Remote
Posted: 18 June 2021
Link to Apply: https://www.linkedin.com/jobs/view/campaigns-lead-communications-at-england-wales-cricket-board-ecb-2598047122/
About the job
We are seeking an experienced Associate Director-level comms specialist who can join us and support the Head of Campaigns in the strategy, planning and delivery of cricket’s major comms campaigns.
With a game wide strategy that aims to inspire a new generation to say that ‘cricket is a game for me’ the ECB’s consumer campaigns will target new and diverse audiences to play, follow or attend cricket.
The role will also require the successful candidate to create compelling story-led campaigns about our organisation, stakeholders, and partners.
Our ideal candidate will be passionate about sport and the role it plays in improving lives and connecting communities – as well as understanding the power of communications as a multi-channel discipline.
WHO WE ARE
The England and Wales Cricket Board is the national governing body for all cricket in England and Wales, supporting the game at every level – from grassroots to professional.
We believe cricket is a force for good that can have an enduring impact on everyone’s lives and we have an ambitious strategy to inspire a generation to say ‘cricket is a game for me’. It provides great entertainment. It teaches important skills, both physical and social. It can help inclusion and social cohesion, bringing communities together.
The ECB welcomes applications from all backgrounds to ensure we deliver our Inspiring Generations strategy and fulfil our purpose to connect communities and improve lives through cricket.
- Stronger As One Team – We are stronger together. We allow for individual strengths and beliefs but head in the same direction. We respect, support and really listen to each other along the way.
- Push New Boundaries – We are bold, brave and curious. We challenge and don’t settle. We forge the future whilst remembering our roots.
- Be The Best In The Game – On & Off The Pitch – We train hard. We strive to be our best to help the team be the best. We celebrate our victories and learn from our let downs.
- Passion For Play – We are here to inspire & be inspired. We are serious about what we do, but don’t take ourselves seriously. We enjoy the journey and have fun.
YOU’LL BE DOING
- The work will dovetail with our five-year Inspiring Generations strategy, a game-wide plan to grow cricket in England and Wales from 2020-24.
- The plan will see the whole game united behind a clear purpose: to connect communities and to inspire current and future generations through cricket.
- The role of communications is to bring to life elements of this plan through compelling campaigns, at audiences that span our current core, as well as diverse and new audiences for cricket.
- You will develop plans that inspire women and girls to consider cricket alongside having line management responsibility of one other member of the Communications team. You’ll work on our new competition, The Hundred, and you’ll create activations with our broadcast and commercial partners, that challenge perceptions about our sport.
- Experience in consumer comms space – ability to reach broader audiences
- Experience in corporate comms space – spokespeople placement and thought leadership
- Proven line management and multiple stakeholder management experience
- Understanding of the sports space, ideally with some knowledge of cricket, but not essential
- Strong campaign / project planning and delivery skills
- Focus on delivering impact with ability to demonstrate success
- Experience in managing multiple stakeholders internally and externally
- Well versed in working on PESO campaigns with x-dept engagement
- Commercially driven – aware of comms role in driving sales / sign ups etc.
- Event activation experience
- Well versed in working in influencer/athlete space
- EDI experience a bonus
- Competitive salary
- Holiday – 25 days a year
- Volunteering – 2 days a year
- Pension – Non-contributory 8% pension
- Private medical insurance
- Employee health cash-back plan
- Long-term sickness insurance
- Life assurance – four times your annual basic salary
- Enhanced maternity
- Unmind – free and confidential access to a wellbeing app to help you manage your mental, physical, and financial wellbeing
- OpenBlend – an innovative coaching and performance management tool
- People Academy – a range of programmes and initiatives to help you develop and reach your potential
- Employee Assistance Programme – 24/7 confidential access to expert services including counselling, wellbeing, and independent legal and financial advice
- Free online fitness classes
- 30% New Balance discount
- Cycle 2 Work Scheme
- Season ticket loan
- Preferential access to tickets to England and The Hundred games