Cricket Ireland is the governing body for the game at both performance and participation levels throughout all-Ireland, representing the interests of both the men’s and women’s game. Cricket Ireland was awarded ICC Full Membership in 2017.
The Ireland Women’s team has recently been to the 2023 ICC Women’s T20 World Cup in South Africa and competes in the ICC Women’s Championship.
Underpinning the Women’s programme is our Super 3’s structures; our Talent Pathway Programme and International Youth teams from under 15 to 19’s
Cricket Ireland is seeking a full-time permanent Strength and Conditioning Coach – Women’s Programme.
The position is based in North Dublin, but the nature of the role will work mainly from the Sport Ireland Institute in Abbottstown. It will at times demand a national brief across both sides of the border as well as time travelling overseas with the Women’s team and when deemed appropriate by the Lead Strength and Conditioning Coach.
The successful candidate must be eligible to work in the European Economic Area (EEA).
The successful candidate will coordinate and deliver high quality physical preparation services to the Ireland Women’s Performance squad as well as work around the Women’s pathway programmes, whilst working closely with other science and medicine national leads and disciplines.
REPORTING and MANAGEMENT
The successful candidate will be line-managed by the Performance Services Manager though the nature of the role will also report into the Head of Physiotherapy and Medical services.
- Minimise the impact of injury and illness and increase availability and performance.
- Ensuring that players reach their optimal physical conditioning and maintain that level throughout the year.
- Developing and maintaining key working relationship with science and medicine discipline partners to ensure an efficient approach to performance.
- Lead the Strength and Conditioning strategic planning across the Women’s high performance squad, women’s Academy and Talent Pathway.
- Deliver direct support to players whilst at home, on camps and during overseas tours.
- Work closely with SSSM Team, National Lead Strength and Conditioning Coach, Women’s Team Physiotherapist, Head of Physiotherapy and other Science and Medicine disciplines to deliver a high quality, interdisciplinary approach to improve performance.
- Work closely with all national coaches to deliver integrated support programmes.
- Deliver programming as required to support injury risk management and deliver exercise-based rehabilitation and return to performance programmes in collaboration with Women’s Team Physiotherapist.
- Attend and contribute to strategic planning meetings, SSSM discipline meetings and individual player case conference meeting.
- Other duties as required by your line-manager to ensure the professional S&C delivery to our national teams.
Other duties as required by your line-manager to ensure the professional S&C delivery to our national teams. This job description is not to be regarded as exclusive or exhaustive. It is intended as an outline indication of the areas of activity and will be amended in the light of the changing needs of the organisation.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
- Degree (or equivalent) in sport science or related subject, specialising in physical preparation of athletes.
- UKSCA accreditation or internationally recognised equivalent, or ability to obtain within six months.
- Minimum of 3 years full time or part time equivalent experience working within high performance sport.
- Experience of working within a multidisciplinary team in the delivery of strength and conditioning services to performance teams.
- A track record of success in developing physical qualities of teams and athletes within performance sport.
- Experience of managing and implementing various Sport Science support tools including GPS, HR monitoring, strength diagnostics tools and Athlete Management Systems.
- Experience of working in female sporting environments.
- Strong programming and coaching skills.
- Strong IT skills, including use of Microsoft excel.
- Current basic life support training and first aid qualifications.
- Experience of working in S&C in cricket.
- Experience of travelling with teams on overseas tours or major competitions.
- Higher degree specialising in the physical preparation of performance athletes.
- ISAK level 1 accreditation.
The selection panel reserves the right to consider Desirable Criteria during the short-listing process should candidates remain on an equal footing using simply Essential Criteria. Please note due to the expected volume of applicants, only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
- Performance Services Manager
- Women’s Team Physiotherapist
- Head of Physiotherapy & Medical Services
- High Performance Director
- National Women’s Head coach
- Support staff: Team Operations Managers; Assistant Coaches; Performance Analysts; Physiotherapists
- Performance Operations Executive
- The package will include a competitive salary commensurate with qualifications and experience and include a laptop and mobile phone.
- The closing date for applications will be 5pm 17th September.
- Covering letter and full CVs should be sent by email to email@example.com, with the title Strength and Conditioning Coach – Women’s Programme.
- For a confidential discussion about the role, please contact Brendan Connor on +44 (0)7775337813 or by email on firstname.lastname@example.org
- Interviews will be held as soon as practicable after the closing date.