Posted: 14 September 2023
Link to Apply: https://resources.pulse.icc-cricket.com/ICC/document/2023/09/14/4ad1fd73-071d-4547-b358-a07623c966d3/Job-Advert_Assistant-Manager-Finance.pdf
The International Cricket Council (‘ICC’) is the global governing body for the sport, which administers all aspects of international cricket.
We are currently looking for an Assistant Manager – Finance, based at our headquarters in Dubai, UAE. The role will report to the ICC’s Financial Controller (‘FC’) and will be engaged in the smooth day-to-day accounting function and building on the financial systems and processes. This role will also need to provide regular and ongoing support and business partnering to the FC and FM from time to time.
Responsibilities of the Assistant Manager – Finance include but are not limited to the following:
- Proper maintenance of accounting records and timely month and year-end closing.
- Ensuring adherence to ICC policies and procedures around procurement and payment of vendors.
- Review of purchase orders and capturing of vendor invoices.
- Creation of sales orders in line with contracts, preparation of commercial invoicing and supporting commercial partners with regards to required documentation.
- Ensure the groups vat compliance, giving guidance on appropriate vat treatment for individual transactions and engaging with VAT consultants to review the monthly VAT submissions.
- Perform relevant month-end procedures including closing transactions and preparation of reconciliations.
- Support the external and internal audit processes.
- Reviewing, approving and ensuring appropriate accounting treatment of employee cash reimbursement request.
- Supporting the payroll function by reviewing expense reimbursements, recoveries from staff, loan applications by staff and education allowance reimbursements.
- Supporting the event operations team with recharges to members.
- Tracking, reconciliation and processing of travel advances issued to staff.
- Processing of match official and consultant monthly retainers and variable fees.
- Support the FC & CFO with treasury management
- Creation of dashboards and supporting analysis on all areas with the finance department.
- Ongoing projects to enhance both the direct responsibilities of the role and to support the others in the team.
Knowledge, Skills, Attitude and Experience
- Qualified Accountant from an internationally recognised institution with a minimum of 5 years of post-qualification experience;
- Significantly demonstrated experience in a similar role and expertise in finance and accounts is essential;
- Previous experience in the sports, media sector and international exposure is preferred;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Should be well versed with IFRS;
- Detailed understanding of VAT;
- Netsuite experience beneficial.
- Well-developed analytical, administrative and computer skills, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint;
- Ability to work efficiently and lead in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment;
- Ability to simplify matters to enable quick understanding of issues and enable quick decisionmaking;
- Ability to work under pressure, multi-task, prioritise and deliver projects on time;
- High degree of personal resilience and integrity;
- Good team player with a flexible approach;
- Meticulous and accurate with a strong eye for detail;
- Self-motivated with a high work ethic and ability to work creatively on own initiative; and
- Ability to work with stakeholders from different backgrounds across cultural and national identities.
Conditions of Employment
- The role is based in our headquarters in Dubai, UAE.
- The selected candidate will be required to provide two recent work references: and
- The compensation offered will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
If you feel that you can meet the challenge, please email your CV, with a covering letter detailing your current salary and benefits and expectations to: email@example.com.
The last date to respond to this advert is 27 September 2023. Due to the overwhelming number of quality applicants, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted