Posted: 18 September 2023
Link to Apply: https://www.cricketireland.ie/images/uploads/news_images/Safeguarding_and_Inclusion_Officer_18.09.23.pdf
The Cricket Ire land Safeguarding, Inclusion Officer will have direct responsibility for all aspects of Safeguarding and Equality, Diversity and Inclusion. To work with key partners to ensure that cricket is an inclusive safe sport for all. This role re ports to the Participation Director.
- Participation Director
- Chief Executive
- Senior Management Team
- Provincial Union General Managers and Chairpersons
- Grassroots Cricket Committee
- All Affiliated clubs
- Coach Development Manager
- Game Development regional staff
- Sport Northern Ireland
- Sport Ireland
- Manage and monitor the implementation of Cricket Irelands Safeguarding policy and safeguarding actions plans.
- Manage the design, planning and delivery of safeguarding and ethics training, awareness, and education programmes for Cricket.
- Manage the implementation of the safeguarding self-assessment framework across Cricket.
- Manage the vetting service in accordance with strictly set out
- Support the implementation and growth of a youth voices in sport project.
- Assist with the ongoing development of a values-based sport
- Act as the point of contact for Cricket Ireland stakeholders in relation to the implementation of the Safeguarding and inclusion programmes.
- Support the implementation of continuous improvements to the
Safeguarding in cricket, leading and managing projects as
- Undertake other ad-hoc duties and responsibilities as m ay be
assigned from time to time.
- To assist the Participation Director with the implementation and
monitoring of the Gam e wide EDI Strategy and action plan
- To regularly review all gam e wide policies and procedures,
(including benchmarking Cricket Ireland with other sporting and
relevant organizations) and identify are as where enhancements
can be made to promote e quality, diversity, and inclusion.
- Keep up to date with developments in equality, diversity and inclusion and recommend new policies as needed, ensuring alignment with relevant regulations and industry best practices.
- Work closely with the National Development Manager and National Club Development Officer on progressing participation initiatives:
o which are focused on providing greater opportunities to
o develop guidance on inclusive recruitment practices for
o designing mentorship/ambassador programmes at all levels
of the game
This is not an exhaustive list, and the role will include any duties required by Cricket Ireland from time to time, which are appropriate for the position and the needs of the organisation.
Essential: Qualifications, Experience, Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Must have experience of effectively handling sensitive and
- Must have knowledge and demonstrated understanding of
safeguarding and re levant child protection legislation
- Must have a relevant Third Level Qualification or a minimum of 3-5 years’ previous professional experience.
- Must have excellent organisational skills and an ability to multitask.
- Must have excellent planning and analytical/interpretative skills.
- Must be highly efficient, with a keen attention to detail.
- Must have proven ability to work effectively on own initiative and
in a team environment.
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to
communicate effectively with a range of different stakeholders.
- Must be capable of presenting information verbally in a clear,
concise and confident manner and must have excellent written
- Must have proficient working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite.
- Full clean drivers’licence and access to vehicle
- Eligibility to work in ROI & UK is essential
Desirable Skills, Qualifications and Experience:
- Experience in the area of Safeguarding / Social Work / Policy
- Have relevant knowledge of the sport environment in Ireland.
Renumeration and Location
- The package will include a competitive salary commensurate with qualifications and experience
- A laptop and phone will be provided
- Travel expenses and relate d costs will be paid as per the Company Expense Policy
- This role will require domestic travel and overnight stays at times, including outside of norm al working hours and weekends.
- This is a hybrid role with part of the week based in the Cت Oг ce
(Unit 15c Kinsealy Business Park, Kinsealy, Dublin 17)
- Closing Date for application is Thursday 5th October 2023
- Submit a full cv with a detailed letter of application to be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Interviews will be held as soon as possible after application closing date