Royal Challengers Bengaluru will not hold a victory parade in Bengaluru following their successful IPL title defence, according to a report by PTI, with the franchise opting against large-scale public celebrations despite securing a second consecutive championship. RCB defeated Gujarat Titans by five wickets in Ahmedabad on Sunday to become only the third team in IPL history to win back-to-back titles.
Public celebrations set to remain limited
The decision comes amid existing guidelines and security considerations in Bengaluru, where authorities are expected to manage multiple high-profile events in the coming days.
An RCB source told PTI: “It is highly unlikely that there will be any activities in Bengaluru. There are certain guidelines in place, and we need to stick to them.”
RCB urges fans to celebrate responsibly
The franchise also appeared to signal a more restrained approach to celebrations in a post on X following the title win.
RCB said: “What a night. What a feeling. To every member of the RCB nation, congratulations. This is YOUR win.”
In the same post, the franchise added: “As the celebrations begin, let’s be responsible. Best way to celebrate is with your loved ones. Relive the memories, and enjoy this special moment from the comfort of home.”
RCB concluded the message by telling supporters: “We’ll see you in the stadium next year, 12th Man Army. Until then, spread the joy and keep supporting us.”
What a night. What a feeling. 🥹
To every member of the RCB nation, congratulations. This is YOUR win. 🏆❤️
As the celebrations begin, let’s be responsible. 🙌
Best way to celebrate is with your loved ones. Relive the memories, and enjoy this special moment from the comfort of… pic.twitter.com/hdGO3n115a
— Royal Challengers Bengaluru (@RCBTweets) May 31, 2026
Safety concerns remain a key factor
The absence of a victory parade comes less than a year after the tragedy that followed RCB’s maiden IPL title celebrations in Bengaluru. Eleven people died and 47 others were injured in a stampede near the M. Chinnaswamy Stadium during the 2025 celebrations, as previously reported by cricexec.
The issue remains a sensitive one for both the franchise and local authorities. Bengaluru is also preparing for the swearing-in ceremony of newly appointed Karnataka Chief Minister DK Shivakumar, an event expected to draw significant crowds and require substantial police deployment.
Police reiterate advisory against public gatherings
Ahead of the IPL final, Bengaluru City Police had already advised supporters against public celebrations on city streets.
Bengaluru City Police Commissioner Seemanth Kumar Singh told ANI: “Bangalore City Police has issued an advisory asking spectators and fans not to celebrate publicly on the streets and especially not to disturb peace and security. We are checking vehicles. And we will not allow any public celebrations. If anyone wants to celebrate, they can do so indoors.”
The ceremony for the new Chief Minister is scheduled to take place near key government locations close to the M. Chinnaswamy Stadium, creating additional logistical and security challenges for authorities.
Patidar remembers victims after title win
RCB Captain Rajat Patidar reflected on last year’s tragedy during the post-match press conference after leading the franchise to another IPL title.
Patidar said: “Obviously, you feel bad. You lost your fans after winning the game. Not just the fans, they are the family members.”
The RCB Captain also dedicated the title to those affected by the incident.
He added: “I always want to dedicate this trophy to them. That’s it. I don’t have words to express that feeling.”
With several RCB players also due to join their respective national teams in the coming days, celebrations are expected to remain low-key as the franchise closes out another successful IPL campaign.
