Photo Credit: England & Wales Cricket Board
Resent – due to the previous link not working.
Please find below a link to download a video interview with England and Kent batsman Zak Crawley.
You will find separate video and audio files.
Please credit – England and Wales Cricket Board.
Furthermore, here’s some background information as England went into camp at the Ageas Bowl on Tuesday of this week.
Some background information:
- England men’s 30-strong ‘behind-closed-doors’ training group reported to the Ageas Bowl on Tuesday afternoon.
- Along with the Test management team, they were tested for COVID-19 on arrival. All tests came back negative.
- For the first 24 hours, the group isolated in the on-site hotel and spent most of yesterday (Wednesday) in their bedrooms.
- The first day of practice was today (Thursday). The practice was split into morning and afternoon sessions. With 30 players practising, half the group trained in the morning with other half training in the afternoon slot. Crawley netted this afternoon.
- The group will play a three-day intra-squad warm-up match starting on July 1. The format and make-up of teams still to be determined.
- England’s opponents for the three-match #raisethebat Test series, West Indies, ended their 14-day isolation period at Emirates Old Trafford earlier this week and have just completed a three-day intra-squad match.
England Behind-Closed-Doors Training Group:
Moeen Ali (Worcestershire), James Anderson (Lancashire), Jofra Archer (Sussex), Jonathan Bairstow (Yorkshire), Dominic Bess (Somerset), James Bracey (Gloucestershire), Stuart Broad (Nottinghamshire), Rory Burns (Surrey), Jos Buttler (Lancashire), Zak Crawley (Kent), Sam Curran (Surrey), Joe Denly (Kent), Ben Foakes (Surrey), Lewis Gregory (Somerset), Keaton Jennings (Lancashire), Dan Lawrence (Essex), Jack Leach (Somerset), Saqib Mahmood (Lancashire), Craig Overton (Somerset), Jamie Overton (Somerset), Matthew Parkinson (Lancashire), Ollie Pope (Surrey), Ollie Robinson (Sussex), Joe Root (Yorkshire), Dom Sibley (Warwickshire), Ben Stokes (Durham), Olly Stone (Warwickshire), Amar Virdi (Surrey), Chris Woakes (Warwickshire), Mark Wood (Durham).
#raisethebat Three-match Test Series:
1st Test: England v West Indies, July 8-12, Ageas Bowl, Southampton
2nd Test: England v West Indies, July 16-20, Emirates Old Trafford, Manchester
3rd Test: England v West Indies, July 24-28, Emirates Old Trafford, Manchester