Posted: 20 April 2021
Link to apply: https://resources.platform.bcci.tv/bcci/document/2021/04/20/c21c2d52-6fe3-4d6c-aa08-e7e24ccae4c9/JD-NCA-Project-Manager.pdf
- Job Details:
Position Title: Project Manager
Job Code: N/A
- Job Dimensions:
Annual Operating Budget/Project Budget:
Number of Staff Supervised: 0
Direct Reports & Total: o
Contract Term and Age limit
Term: Duration of Specific Project till closure of Project accounts
Age limit: 55 Years
Whichever is earlier (Term, Age limit)
- Role Purpose:
The National Cricket Academy- BCCI (NCA) intends to setup cricket grounds and infrastructure of international standard and excellence on its own land in Bengaluru.
The Project Manager will oversee, supervise and provide necessary inputs for the above project till it is completed with desired standards of excellence and quality, ensuring that it is completed in a timely manner and within them approved budget.
- Key Accountabilities:
Main job duties/responsibilities:
• To oversee the construction of cricket fields, practice pitches and ancillary infrastructure as per plan
• To provide inputs for Project estimates after determining an approximate BOQ which will be refined after the final architect and master vendors are chosen
• To provide vital quality inputs for the architect and the master vendor/vendors for successful completion of grassed grounds, irrigation, drainage, pitches, lighting, pavilions etc.
• To provide inputs for maintenance and repair of the turfs and work with a BCCI appointed curator to institute the worlds best quality grass surfaces.
• To provide inputs for creation of all ancillary infrastructure including pavilions/rest rooms/food and beverage, gym and rest areas.
• To provide inputs for Engineering infrastructure required including mechanical, electrical, plumbing and civil works encompassing areas such as – irrigation, lighting, drainage, water storage and conservation systems.
• To manage and track budget allocation/spends and provide regular reports to the GM, CEO and Board Members of the BCCI and maintain daily progress reports.
• To manage and track various project risk and provide inputs in preparation of risk mitigation plan and provide regular updates to CEO and BCCI’s office bearers.
• Ensure that all policies and procedures, design manual, signage manuals are instituted.
• Ensure that the execution team follows design process is followed for the construction of the cricket fields as laid down by the architect.
• Ensure that smooth Co-ordination with Architects and consultants as maintained.
• Along with Procurement department, ensure that a clear Procurement policy is followed for the project which maximizes quality for the best price possible and maintains standards of excellence.
• Closely monitors the project schedule and review and updates the management.
• Ensure that all the end user requirements are captured and implemented in the upcoming project.
• Ensure that the project is handed over to operation team as per the standard handing over procedure.
• Monitor and control the project budget and ensure that the project is completed within the approved budget.
• Drive the process to prepare the initial budget for the project and obtain the approval from the GM, CEO and Board.
• Manage the Cash Flow on Monthly basis.
• Obtain various licenses/permissions from various departments of the government and government agencies such as KIADB, Civil, Electrical, Police and other statutory bodies.
• To help obtain necessary permissions at the pre-construction stage in order to facilitate project commencement.
• To liaison with state Pollution control board and other environment regulatory bodies and obtain necessary permissions.
Collect information, data and documents relevant to specific activities, from various such government agencies and statutory bodies relevant to completion of the project under the guidance of the project experts, undertake relevant analysis of data
- Operating Environment:
Will be working in a project environment and will be responsible to key stakeholders in the BCCI. Will be based at the project office on site and will be required to maintain strong coordination, cooperation and communication with various stakeholders including finance and accounts, External Vendors, Architects, Master Planner etc, all relevant external stakeholders and Operations at the NCA. There may be a need to work outside regular office hours and over holidays.
- Communication & Working Relationships:
Clear and effective communications is a success factor. Will need to build strong working relationships with various internal and external stakeholders including BCCI Finance and Accounts, various vendors, and government agencies
- Decision Making:
- Qualifications, Experience, Knowledge & Skills:
• The candidate should be a graduate and be familiar with local language
• Should have relevant hands-on project experience of ten years plus of building and maintaining cricket grounds
• Should have worked on Sports projects in excess of 75 crores and above
• Excellent knowledge and understanding of project processes
• Should be thorough with all regulations and statutory laws relevant to project construction
• Should have knowledge and understanding of government hierarchy and regulatory bodies
• The highest levels of integrity, discipline and motivation
• Must have technical competency to understand project processes including accounting
• Computer literate with excellent written and oral communication skills
• Should be able to take independent decisions based upon sound principles
Applications should be submitted by 11.59 pm on April 30th ,2021 at firstname.lastname@example.org
All applicants are hereby instructed to mention the specific post in the subject of the email as NCA PROJECT MANAGER.
After screening/shortlisting of applications, the candidates may be called for personal interviews for further evaluation.