Photo Credit: Cricket Ireland
The first and second Men’s T20 Internationals between Ireland and India are now sold out, with the third match selling quickly. Meanwhile TNT Sports has been confirmed as the Ireland / UK broadcaster of the series.Ticket update
• Tickets (and hospitality) for the 3rd T20I are available to purchase though the Cricket Ireland website: www.cricketireland.ie
• The 3rd T20I is selling fast and is expected to sell out prior to match dayBroadcast update
• TNT Sports (formerly BT Sport) will broadcast the series in Ireland and UK
o 18 Aug: TNT Sports 1
o 20 Aug: TNT Sports 4
o 23 Aug: TNT Sports 1
• Other broadcasters that can be announced are:
o Willow TV: USA
o ATN: Canada
o Etisalat: MENA
…more to come.
Lorcan Tucker interview
Lorcan Tucker was speaking after the Lightning’s demolition of North West Warriors in the Rario Inter-Provincial Cup game at The Hills Cricket Club on Monday, during which he struck 133 from 93 balls:
“Yeah, today was a good day – it was good to be out there for a long period of time and figure out some quirks that haven’t been quite right throughout the summer. It’s brilliant to get that kind of energy, and that excitement, going into that big series.
“We’ve had a lot of cricket this year. We’ve been very well prepped, especially in T20 cricket. We’ve come off a decent run there in Scotland where we managed to qualify for next year’s World Cup, so I think everyone’s feeling excited. We had two great games against India last summer and I think everyone’s really looking forward to the big build-up, and the exciting crowd. They’re going to come with that that energy and it, going to be great.
“Malahide generates a special feeling – especially when a big team comes to town. We know India may have a good deal of support, but to have such a big crowd – it’s brilliant for cricket in Ireland.
“The team are quite experienced with these bigger games. We’ve played in World Cups; we’ve played against India before. We know what it’s like when these big pressure games come around. They are the showpiece of the summer for fans in Ireland. We just want to make an impression, stay nice and relaxed and play with confidence. That’s our main motto going forward.”
The Ireland squad is:
• Paul Stirling (capt), Andrew Balbirnie, Mark Adair, Ross Adair, Curtis Campher, Gareth Delany, George Dockrell, Fionn Hand, Josh Little, Barry McCarthy, Harry Tector, Lorcan Tucker, Theo van Woerkom, Ben White, Craig Young.