About the job
Working for Cricket Australia means that you become a part of Australia’s proud history and help us look toward the future. We are seeking to drive bold, transformative change in digital experiences, junior participation, culturally diverse inclusion, gender equality and sustainability, re-imagine the W/BBL, build player connection through storytelling and play our part in developing the game globally.
Our purpose is clear; to unite and inspire everyone to love and play cricket. Cricket is so much more than just a game; it brings people together and binds us all through our shared experiences.
This is your opportunity to join a purpose led organisation that truly makes a difference to Australians.
About The Role
This is an exciting time for us, as we have an opportunity for a Senior Manager, Participation to join our Community Cricket & Capability team. This role has arisen as a result of an internal promotion, and we are super excited about what the future holds!
We are seeking a strong candidate who is passionate about community sport and ensuring more children have access to our game. The Senior Manager, Participation will support the national alignment on strategy across Australian Cricket (AC) to implement and improve participation programs necessary to support and shape the future of Community Cricket across Australia.
The Senior Manager, Participation will manage a national team responsible for substantially growing cricket participation, with a focus on doubling the number of 5–12-year-olds playing cricket by 2027. This is the future of cricket and we have big ambitions so we’re looking for drive, passion, and energy to bring our strategy to life.
Reporting to the Head of Participation, you’ll be responsible for:
- Responsible for collaborating with S&T associations to execute a shared vision and plan for participation programs that transform Cricket Blast, Junior Cricket and informal/ social Cricket offerings to accelerate participation growth
- Build and manage a high performing team of national leads
- Interpret data & insights to identify opportunities for targeted participation growth
- Lead the management and support of national programs, including curriculum design, equipment and supply chain, support resources, Blast Coordinator training and customer service to ensure best practice programs, quality delivery and continuous process improvement
- Manage & nurture key internal and external stakeholder relationships
- Work in close collaboration with Community Cricket & Capability (CC&C) department leaders to ensure connection and integration of programs and initiatives across the participation pathway and department more broadly
Who We Are Looking For
- Minimum 10 years’ experience working in the Sport Industry or other relevant field
- Relevant tertiary qualifications including a degree in any sports related discipline, business management
- Someone who has strong people leadership experience, this role requires you to lead a high performing, passionate team and drive outcomes to achieve an uplift in participation across key segments
- You will have a strong commercial mindset that can look around corners, think differently and importantly bring people along the journey
- Experience with interpreting data and insights to inform decision making, managing projects within budget and demonstrating impact through regular reporting against KPI’s
- Strong stakeholder relationships and comfortable having courageous conversations
- Proficient verbal and written communication skills, including building presentations and convey information concisely
- Someone with a s trategic mindset with the ability to clearly articulate, influence and drive strategic priorities.
- Passionate and self-motivated, positive can-do attitude and a team player
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
As a CA employee, you will also have other benefits including
Our employees at Cricket are gifted an additional week of leave at the end of the season.
- Tickets to the Cricket for you to take your friends and family and experience Australia’s favourite game!
- A flexible working environment, meaning we strike the balance of what you need and what works for the business (this isn’t limited to working remotely)
- Discounts from our partners such as ASICS and salary packaging options
- A multitude of leave types including paid parental leave and volunteer leave
THE IMPORTANT STUFF
Cricket is a sport for all Australians and our workplace reflects that. We recognise our differences are our strength and a diverse and inclusive workforce is fundamental to our success.We strongly encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, people of colour, women, LGBTIQ+ people, people with diverse religious beliefs and people with a disability to apply.
Australian Cricket, including Cricket Australia, is committed to being a child safe organisation and requires all team members to hold a valid Working with Children Check.
If you need assistance or adjustments to fully participate in the application process, please contact careers @cricket.com.au
Please submit your application via the link by 5pm Sunday, 10 September 2023. In the meantime, follow us on our socials via Instagram @cricketaustralia, via Twitter @cricketaus and via our website https://www.cricketaustralia.com.au/