Photo Credit: Cricket South Africa
On the 20th of August 2020 Cricket South Africa (CSA) issued the Notice of the 13th Annual General Meeting (AGM) for CSA NPC to be held on Saturday 5 September 2020.
There are certain critical processes at CSA which are underway, and which relate to the following:
- the review of the governance model of CSA on the outstanding matters recommended by the Nicholson Commission of Enquiry in its report; and
- the (a) review and implementation of the findings and recommendations made by Fundudzi Forensic Services Proprietary Limited (Fundudzi) in its report (Forensic Report) following completion of the forensic investigation conducted by Fundudzi into various governance issues within CSA during a period of 48 (forty eight) months from 2016 to 2019, and (b) formulation and adoption of a comprehensive roadmap.
These strategic structural matters and remedial actions require various steps to be undertaken including the following:
- engagement with the Members Council on the various issues they have raised and ensure alignment for the stability of CSA;
- engagement with the Minister of Sports, Arts and Culture, SASCOC and other stakeholders of CSA;
- the extension of the recruitment process for any Board and Board committee vacancies that may arise following completion of the above strategic review;
- a detailed review of CSA’s Transformation strategy that takes account of the launch of the office of the Independent Transformation Ombudsman; and
- the reconfiguration of the organisational structure to ensure that the remedial actions recommended by Fundudzi of the forensic review is implemented.
In order to allow CSA and its stakeholders an opportunity to fully consider and participate in the finalisation of the matters referred to above, the Board of Directors of CSA and the Members Council have resolved to postpone the AGM, and consequently the AGM will not be held on 5 September 2020. CSA will accordingly announce a new date for the AGM in due course. The notice related to the AGM will be circulated in due course.
CSA will keep all stakeholders updated in relation to the revised timetable for the AGM.
We apologise for inconvenience caused to all stakeholders.