About the job
This role is an important and integral part of the Finance team, it is the role responsible for collecting all payments on behalf of the ECB parent company and managing the accounts receivable process in the ECB parent. It includes ensuring company policy is adhered to and payment deadlines are met.
WHO WE ARE
The England and Wales Cricket Board is the national governing body for all cricket in England and Wales, supporting the game at every level – from grassroots to professional.
We believe cricket is a force for good that can have an enduring impact on everyone’s lives and we have an ambitious strategy to inspire a generation to say ‘cricket is a game for me’. It provides great entertainment. It teaches important skills, both physical and social. It can help inclusion and social cohesion, bringing communities together.
The ECB welcomes applications from all backgrounds to ensure we deliver our Inspiring Generations strategy and fulfil our purpose to connect communities and improve lives through cricket.
YOU’LL LOVE THIS JOB IF
- You enjoy work which requires a keen attention to detail.
- You thrive in a busy, challenging environment.
- You enjoy interacting with people in and around the business and developing strong working relationships.
YOU’LL BE DOING
- Generating sales invoices, credit notes and account statements on a timely basis to meet contractual payment terms
- Maintaining accounts receivable files and records in line with statutory regulations
- Supporting the Financial Accountant to ensure queries, credit notes and invoices are processed on a timely basis and bad debts are minimised
- To ensure that payments are received on a timely basis
- Review of the full aged debt report on a regular basis to ensure any issues are identified, are being dealt with and senior staff informed
- Supervision of the daily cash receipts for all UK and foreign bank accounts
- Ensuring that the Broadcasting tracker is kept up to date and including all new Broadcasters once a contract is received
- New account forms/credit changes are reviewed, authorised and implemented in a timely manner
- Responsible for customer accounts, understand contractual payment terms and resolve issues promptly
- Preparation of quarterly and full year credit note provision and bad debt provision workings and schedules for statutory reporting purposes and liaising with auditors
- Performing month-end close bank reconciliations and balance sheet reconciliations
- Preparation of the car leasing schedule for year end audit purposes
- Assisting with the sustainability area of the Company
- Assisting with the reconciliation of Balance Sheet accounts
- Payments in respect of cricket tours allowances and other tour costs
- Other ad-hoc duties as required
- Proven experience in the Accounts Receivable process.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience with financial systems, in particular Concur and NetSuite
- Strong excel skills are essential – vlookups, pivot tables and data manipulation
- A keen attention to detail and accuracy.
- An ability to effectively prioritise and work to deadlines.
- Good organisational skills.
- Able to work in a team
- Competitive salary
- 25 days’ holiday
- Private medical insurance
- Non-contributory 8% pension
- Free on-site gym
- Subsidised canteen
- 30% discount on New Balance items and 60% discount on Castore items
- Life assurance