Salary: £18,000 – 20,000
Closing Date: 20 April 2022
Contact Name: Joe Tromans
Telephone: 07824 880 346
Club/Company: Worcestershire County Cricket Club
Job Title: Marketing Assistant – Venue
Reporting to: Marketing and Communications Manager
Purpose of role:
To work closely with the Marketing and Communications Manager to support and execute the marketing and communications strategy. You will be responsible for delivering high-quality content and communications to customers across a wide variety of our communication channels.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Increase New Road’s social media following and engagement
- Support the improvement of quality outbound communication via digital and non digital channels
- Creation of engaging social content, both organic and paid.
- Creating assets and visuals for marketing campaigns.
- Ensuring all content adheres to the company brand guidelines.
- Responding to inbound comments on New Road Social Media channels.
- Copywriting and proofreading for marketing campaigns.
- A proactive team player who works on own initiative.
- A great communicator with a genuine interest in social media and it’s impacts.
- Willingness to work flexible hours (Marketing for WCCC & New Road requires a presence at Cricket and hospitality events on evenings and weekends. It is a requirement for this role to work during some of these events).
Skills and Qualifications:
- GCSE English and Maths. (or ability to demonstrate equivalent ability).
- Excellent copywriting skills.
- Good knowledge of social media (specifically Instagram, Facebook and LinkedIn (other platforms such as tick-tock would also be advantageous).
- Knowledge of Adobe design software (other design packages would also be advantageous).
- First rate organisational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent communication and time management skills.
- 1+ year of work experience in a role primarily focused on content creation
- Retail or venue marketing experience
This Job Description is not an exhaustive list of tasks performed in this role, it represents the key duties and responsibilities in the job. The nature of our work and the size of our team at Worcestershire Cricket Club requires everyone here to be flexible. You may be required to take on such reasonable additional or other responsibilities and tasks as we need from time to time. Should such other duties become a permanent and major part of the job, they may be included in a revised job description.
Hours, benefits and salary:
- The salary for this role is between £18,000 to £20,000 depending on qualifications, skills and experience.
- This is a full time role, working 35 hours per week. You may be asked to work evenings and weekends and will be given time off in lieu for this.
- Contributory pension scheme
- Free on-site parking
- Discount in the club café
- 2 x matchday membership passes
- Paid time off at Christmas
- Please apply via Indeed and submit a CV.
- The closing date for applications is Wednesday 20th April 2022.
Worcestershire County Cricket Club recognises the positive value of diversity, promotes equality and challenges discrimination. We welcome and encourage job applications from people of all backgrounds.