Photo Credit: Brisbane Heat
To kickstart your 2023, we’re taking your New Year’s Day plans to the next level with the inaugural New Year’s Bash at the Gabba!
On Sunday 1 January, the Brisbane Heat will go up against the Sydney Sixes for the ultimate Queensland vs New South Wales showdown. Not only will fans be treated to an epic Big Bash clash, but they’ll also be spoiled with endless entertainment, including live music performances from Peking Duk, Ball Park Music, and KLP & Stace Cadet.
This is the one game you do not want to miss this summer! Here’s everything you need to know about the day:
EVENT DETAILS: Brisbane Heat vs Sydney Sixers – The Gabba – Sunday 1 January 2023
TIMINGS: Live music performances will kick off from 5:25pm, with the first ball to be played at 6:15pm. See a full breakdown of timings below.
TICKETS: General public tickets start at just $8 for kids, $22 for adults and $48 for families. If you want to elevate your match day experience, explore our premium seating optionsto reserve yourself the best seats in the house.
ENTERTAINMENT: The New Year’s Bash offers non-stop entertainment from start to finish. Rally up your mates and plan the best day ever!
- 2:00pm: If you want to enjoy a New Year’s bevvy with friends, Easy Times Brewing Co will be hosting a New Year’s Bash party across the road! This event is free entry so you can have a few responsible cold ones before you head into the game.
- 4:15pm: Arrive at the park next to Gate 2 for heaps of family-fun action! From inflatable cricket nets, to free face painting, giveaways and more, this is the perfect spot to take the kids before the game.
- 4:30pm: Gates open. Give yourself plenty of time to grab a bite to eat and find your seat.
- 5:25pm: Ball Park Music will take the stage for a 20 minute set. The band will be located on the Great Southern Bank House Party Deck in front of Sections 310 & 311. See Map.
- 5:45pm: Our headline act Peking Duk will play a 15 minute set in front of the Southern Sight Screen (Sections 223 & 224).
- 6:15pm: First innings commences. Go the Heat!
- ~7:35pm: The StreetSmarts Innings Break Show kicks off with KLP, Stace Cadet & Peking Duk performing on the Great Southern Bank House Party Deck.
- ~9:15pm: Stick around after the game to party with KLP & Stace Cadet who will perform a post-game show to keep the energy pumping!
LENGTH: Big Bash games are short and sharp, running for approximately 3 hours. Please note, the New Year’s Bash will run just a little over 3 hours as we have an extended Innings Break Show performance.
TRANSPORT OPTIONS: Ticket holders can catch a free bus or train to and from the game. Plan your journey via Translink. If you plan on catching a lift to the venue, the closest drop off zones are at Princess Street, Potts Street or Hubert Street. You can view all information about getting to and from the venue on the Gabba website.
BAG CHECK: Be sure to travel light when attending our games. Bags larger than an A4 piece of paper are not permitted inside the venue.
WEATHER: If it’s raining on game day, we encourage fans to still purchase tickets and make their way safely to the stadium. Rain can sometimes delay game play, but in the vast majority of cases we will still get enough overs in to deliver a result. Reduced over matches can be very exciting and we have lots of ways to keep you entertained during rain delays. If less than six overs are completed during the entire match and no result is recorded for the match, fans will be entitled to a 100% refund. More info in the 2022-23 Cricket Australia Refund Policy.
For more information about what to expect at a Brisbane Heat home match, please visit our Match Day Guide article here.