Photo Credit: ICC
The International Cricket Council (ICC) announced on International Women’s Day (IWD) that applications for the third edition of the ICC 100% Cricket Future Leaders Programme opens today.
The mentoring scheme designed to support emerging female talent in cricket and address the low percentage of women in leadership roles in the sport will see a further 20 future female leaders paired with senior leaders over a six-month period.
This follows the overwhelming success of the first two editions of 100% Cricket Future Leaders programme which concluded at the end of last year. The third intake will identify women globally from ICC Member nations who apply to be on the programme which is part of the ICC’s strategy to accelerate the growth of women’s cricket and women in cricket.
ICC General Manager – Marketing and Communications, Claire Furlong said: “We are absolutely delighted to be launching the third edition of 100% Cricket Future Leaders Programme as part of our ongoing commitment to ensuring cricket is embracing equity and is a sport for all.
“The first two editions have seen 40 women from 29 countries be supported by some fantastic mentors and progress as future leaders. What has been even more exciting has been the community that these women have created which extends beyond a six-month programme and will ensure there is a long-term support network globally as they progress in their careers.”
Following is the current confirmed list of mentors for batch 3 of the programme:
- Wasim Khan ICC, General Manager Cricket
- Lisa O’Keefe Secretary General, IWG Sport
- Andrea Nelson CEO, Gymnastics New Zealand
- Dhiraj Malhotra CEO, Delhi Capitals
- Sharda Ugra Sports Journalist, India
- Mickey Arthur Head Coach, Derbyshire CCC
- Kim Cotton Match Official / Umpire
- Olivia Thornton CEO, ACT Cricket, Australia
- Andrew Cornish CEO, Middlesex CCC
- Warren Deutrom CEO, Cricket Ireland
- Beth Barrett-Wild Head Women’s Hundred, ECB
- Hilton Moreeng Head Coach, South Africa Women’s Team
- Natalie Germanos Sports Broadcaster, SA
- Kass Naidoo Commentator & Founder of GSport4girls
- Chandni Dhundia Asst GM Marketing, Global Wine Delivery
ABOUT 100% CRICKET FUTURE LEADERS PROGRAMME
The application is open for all female future leaders of cricket to apply and will be matched with a mentor to support their development growth.
The role of a mentor is to unlock their mentee’s potential and help them to be at their best. This could include being a confidential sounding-board, providing advice, guidance, and connections to reach their potential.
The philosophy of the 100% Cricket Future Leaders Programme is to be participant led, with the ICC playing a supportive role to match the mentees with suitable mentors. As well as providing guidelines, evaluation frameworks and opportunities for the participants to network and interact.
All mentee applications will be reviewed by a selection panel consisting of the ICC General Manager – Marketing and Communications, another member of the ICC senior management team and two independent representatives.
The panel will put forward the successful applicants to an appropriate mentor based on their personal and professional development objectives and projected career path. We aim to announce the selected applicants on April 19, 2023.
APPLICATION PROCESS AND TIMELINES
- The ICC invites applications for participants from March 8 to March 29, 2023 from all interested candidates from the world of cricket. The opportunity is open to women who will go on to become the future leaders of our sport. Aspiring leaders in junior to middle management positions of any ICC Member or ICC would make suitable candidates.
- Potential Programme Workstreams:
- Administration/ Executive Management/ ICC Senior Management Team
- Match Officials
- Player Growth
- Marketing and Promotions / Commercial
- Media: Journalist/ Commentator/ Broadcaster
- Digital/ Technology
- Interested candidates must send the following to ICC’s email address: email@example.com
- An updated CV – showcasing current role and experience – be as descriptive as possible.
- Covering Letter – as means of the Statement of Purpose illustrating the need for mentorship.
- Letter of recommendation from Member Board / Organisation / Supervisor
- Successful applicants will be notified by April 14, 2023.
- The selection committee consists of ICC General Manager Marketing and Communications, along with two independents.
- The batch has limited capacity and will consist of not more than 20 candidates.