Photo Credit: Melbourne Renegades
The Melbourne Renegades are pleased to confirm that Renegades Recruit will return for a third season, with both a male and female edition again to run in 2023.
Renegades Recruit was launched in 2021 as a three-part TV series, which is broadcast across the club’s social media platforms and streaming services.
North Geelong CC’s Tom Mathieson was the winner of the inaugural Men’s Renegades Recruit in 2021, followed by Brierly Christ Church CC’s Mark Murphy taking out the crown in 2022.
Ringwood CC’s Erin Carroll won the inaugural Women’s Renegades Recruit competition in 2022.
Both programs will again be hosted by experienced coach Simon Helmot, who currently coaches the Renegades WBBL team and is an assistant coach with Sunrisers Hyderabad in the IPL.
This year’s Renegades Recruit will take on a similar approach for the male edition, searching for the best players in Community competitions across the state with the potential to play at a higher level.
The female edition will focus on the ‘next best’ talent outside of the WBBL in Victoria, with one of last year’s finalists – Paris Bowdler – making her debut for the Renegades in WBBL|08.
Players from both Premier and Community clubs who believe they have what it takes to compete with the best are encouraged to apply in the Women’s program.
Both competition winners will again receive a unique high-performance opportunity with the Renegades to further develop their cricket.
The respective winners will receive a Kookaburra prize pack valued at approximately $1,000, plus a 55-inch TCL television.
Their clubs will receive prizes including: a Kookaburra Prize Pack (valued at approximately $2,000), a training session at the CitiPower Centre, a BBL or WBBL signed playing shirt and 100 tickets to a BBL or WBBL match.
Up to 12 players will be selected for each program, with the first two episodes to determine who reaches the ‘Final Three’.
The winner of each competition will this year be determined by a combination of a coaches vote and a public vote.
Applications are now open via the links below for each program and will close on Sunday 21 May 2023 at 11.59pm.
Do you know someone who should apply for Renegades Recruit? Nominate them here.
Apply Now: Renegades Recruit 2023 – Male
• Player must reside in Victoria and be aged 18 or over as of 1 June 2023
• Open to Community cricketers
• Cannot have played Premier Cricket last season (2022-23) or have previously been on a State/BBL list
• Must be available to train/film on Sunday 25 June (9am-5pm, CitiPower Centre)
• The ‘final three’ players will be required for filming on Sunday 30 July (10am-12pm, CitiPower Centre)
Apply Now – Male Recruit
Apply Now: Renegades Recruit – Female
• Player must reside in Victoria and be aged 16 or over as of 1 June 2023
• Open to both Premier and Community cricketers
• Cannot have previously been on a State/WBBL list
• Must be available to train/film on Sunday 4 June (9am-5pm, CitiPower Centre)
• The ‘final three’ players will be required for filming on Sunday 2 July (10am-12pm, CitiPower Centre)
Apply Now – Female Recruit
To view the full Terms and Conditions of Renegades Recruit 2023, please click here.