About the job
Working for Cricket Australia means that you become a part of Australia’s proud history and help us look toward the future. We are seeking to drive bold, transformative change in digital experiences, junior participation, culturally diverse inclusion, gender equality and sustainability, re-imagine the W/BBL, build player connection through storytelling and play our part in developing the game globally.
Our purpose is clear; to unite and inspire everyone to love and play cricket. Cricket is so much more than just a game; it brings people together and binds us all through our shared experiences.
This is your opportunity to join a purpose led organisation that truly makes a difference to Australians.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are recruiting for a Senior WHS Lead (parental leave contract – 10 months) to help Cricket Australia continue with the proactive management of our health and safety risks to our players, staff and fans at match. While we are looking for someone who is knowledgeable across Australian Health and Safety legislation, experienced in development and implementation of policy and procedure, and has strength in managing project work; the key to engaging and influencing across our workforce is great consultation and communication skills and providing a brilliant experience for our stakeholders.
This role offers a really fantastic opportunity to kick off a fantastic psychosocial risk project and offers the opportunity to work collaboratively with our risk and legal teams as well.
We are looking for drive, passion and the energy to bring plans to life.
Reporting to the EGM of People and Culture you’ll be responsible for:
– For the development and implementation of ongoing risk management strategies across Cricket specific risks such as the impact of Smoke on Cricket, international tours and travel, psychosocial risks.
– Responsible for CA’s Event Safety Framework, including working in partnership with CA’s Event Safety Contractors and Event Delivery Teams to deliver a safe and successful Summer.
– Consult, collaborate and work with key stakeholders across Cricket Australia and the State and Territory Associations (as required) to embed CA’s Safety Management System and the risk management strategies identified.
– Own and manage National Workcover insurance coverage and legislative compliance, including responsible for managing the return to work process.
– Begin developing a psychosocial risk management strategy across Cricket Australia.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
– 5+ years working in Health & Safety across people focused industries
– Relevant qualifications in health and safety (or a related discipline) or equivalent industry experience
– Experience in managing psychosocial risk, fatigue management, and designing systems of work
– Strong stakeholder management skills, with the ability to develop and build on relationships in order to engage and influence.
– Strong problem solving skills when controlling risk, Cricket has some very different types of risks not common in other industries.
– Strong consultation and communication skills, both formal and informal information gathering and analysis.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
Our employees at Cricket are gifted an additional week of leave at the end of the season! As a CA employee, you will also have other benefits including:
– Tickets to the Cricket for you to take your friends and family and experience Australia’s favourite game!
– A flexible working environment, meaning we strike the balance of what you need and what works for the business (this isn’t limited to working remotely)
– Discounts from our partners such as ASICS and salary packaging options
– A multitude of leave types including paid parental leave and volunteer leave
THE IMPORTANT STUFF
Cricket is a sport for all Australians and our workplace reflects that. We recognise our differences are our strength and a diverse and inclusive workforce is fundamental to our success. We strongly encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, people of colour, women, LGBTIQ+ people, people with diverse religious beliefs and people with a disability to apply.
Australian Cricket, including Cricket Australia, is committed to being a child safe organisation and requires all team members to hold a valid Working with Children Check.
If you need assistance or adjustments to fully participate in the application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Please submit your application via the link by 5pm Friday, 22 September 2023. In the meantime, follow us on our socials via Instagram @cricketaustralia, via Twitter @cricketaus and via our website https://www.cricket.com.au/