Photo Credit: USA Cricket
- The USA Cricket Board is seeking the membership’s input and feedback on the USA Cricket Constitution by Wednesday, November 22nd, 11:59PM PT.
- The inclusion of Cricket into the LA2028 Olympics requires that USA Cricket must comply with the By-Laws of the United States Olympic & Paralympic Committee (USOPC).
- USA Cricket is beginning its preparation to apply to become a certified National Governing Body for Cricket with the USOPC.
At the 2023 Annual General Meeting (AGM) on Saturday, November 11, USA Cricket announced that it is reviewing its constitution and considering amendments to strengthen its governance and align with the governance requirements of the United States Olympic & Paralympic Committee.
The USA Cricket Board appointed a 5-member Constitution Review Working Group (CRWG) comprising board members Nadia Gruny (chair) and Atul Rai; Nominating and Governance Committee Member Nisarg Patel; Development Committee Member Brian Walters; and USA Cricket Member Rahul Khona. The CRWG has been working closely with Bryan Cave Leighton Paisner, an international law firm with expertise and experience in nonprofit law and the USOPC, among many other industries and clients.
Board Member and CRWG Chair Nadia Gruny, said, “We are pleased with the progress we have made on reviewing and revising the constitution. Meeting the USOPC’s compliance requirements will take a lot of work but we are confident that it is a great step in the right direction. The changes will make us a much stronger organization and subsequently, make cricket in the USA a safer and more sustainable sport, which is something the entire US cricket community wants as well.”
The membership of USA Cricket is requested to provide feedback on the proposed amended constitution by completing the form here. All feedback will be considered by the CRWG and the law firm before being submitted to the USA Cricket Board for approval. The board-approved version of the Constitution will then be presented to USA Cricket membership for final ratification.
- CRWG Summary of Proposed Key Amendments
- Proposed Amended Constitution
- Current Constitution of USA Cricket
Feedback must be submitted no later than Wednesday, November 22nd, 11:59PM PT.
- Members to provide feedback to USA Cricket November 22, 2023
- Board approves constitution November 30, 2023
- Membership to review and ratify amendments December 1-31, 2023
FOR MORE DETAILS CONTACT
ABOUT USA CRICKET
USA Cricket is the National Federation for cricket in the United States as recognized by the International Cricket Council. USA Cricket’s mission is to govern, regulate, develop and promote all forms of cricket at all levels in the United States, and to enable U.S. cricketers to achieve sustained competitive excellence and successfully compete in national and international competition. Through a diverse Board of Directors that has representation from most cricket stakeholder groups, USA Cricket will lead the sport to new heights by creating and administering value added programs to grow and develop the sport.