Photo Credit: Bangladesh Cricket Board
Major outcomes from the 9th meeting of the BCB Board of Directors held today (Monday, 12 February 2024):
- The Board approved the nomination of former Bangladesh captain Gazi Ashraf Hossain as the convenor of the National Selection Panel. The other members of the panel are former Bangladesh cricketers Khan Abdur Razzak and Hannan Sarker.
- The Board has appointed Najmul Hossain Shanto as the National Men’s Team Captain for all three formats up to December 2024.
- The Special Committee to assess the performance of the Bangladesh National Cricket Team in the ICC Men’s Cricket World Cup India 2023 submitted its findings and recommendations to the BCB President.
- The Board approved the Audited Financial Statements for the Financial Year 2022-23.
- The Board approved the National Players Central Contract 2024. Twenty-one cricketers have been included in the contract (the attached file contains the names of the cricketers).
- The Board approved the 1st Class Cricketers Salary Contract for 2024 with 85 players receiving contracts.