Posted: 17 August 2021
Link to Apply: https://resources.pulse.icc-cricket.com/ICC/document/2021/08/17/4fe0d046-f505-46a6-ba61-04929cf5b661/Job-Advert_Manager-Cricket-Development.pdf
The International Cricket Council (‘ICC’) is the global governing body for the sport, which administers all aspects of international cricket.
We are currently looking for Manager – Cricket Development for our Development team, based at the ICC headquarters in Dubai, UAE. The Manager – Cricket Development is responsible for the design, development and delivery of the ICC’s participation, education and high-performance programs. These programs are provided to the ICC’s Members to accelerate the global growth of participation in cricket, to improve the participation experience and player retention rates through more and better quality coaches & umpires, and to improve the competitiveness of international cricket. Central to the success of these programs is the training and accreditation of in-country workforces across Member countries to deliver these programs as well as working with Members to ensure robust participation pathways exist in each Member country.
Responsibilities of the Manager – Cricket Development include but are not limited to the following:
• Game Development
o Schools & Clubs growth strategy design and delivery
o Development Digital Platform project management
o Sustainable Pathways Project Management
o Modified formats – recognize, celebrate and support
• Training and Education Program design and delivery
o Design of the ICC Coach and Umpire education curricula
o Implementation and management of a Learning Management System to facilitate the delivery of the ICC Education program
o Design and deliver workforce training program to ensure a global network of ICC accredited Educators and Trainers are trained and accredited to deliver the ICC Education program
• High Performance
o ICC High Performance (HP) strategy design and delivery
o ICC HP Framework delivery with Associate Members
o Member consultation and coordination: bilateral cricket; technical services
• Assist ICC Associate Members in defining and enhancing long-term player development pathways
o Through the ICC Global Development Team, work with ICC Associate Members to help them identify appropriate long term player development pathways
o Ensure Associate Members understand what resources and programs (provided by the ICC and/or other organisations) support each stage of the player development pathway
o Work with Associate Members to identify and deliver strategies to retain participants at all levels of the game
• Provide strategic leadership to Members regarding growth in participation and improved competitiveness of international cricket
• Provide leadership within the ICC and with Members regarding Women’s & Girls growth strategies
• Manage the ICC central Budget related to the development and delivery of the ICC’s participation, education and high performance programs
• Collaborate with the ICC Global Development Team and the regional Development officers to assist Members in the delivery of ICC participation, education and high performance programs
• Work closely with the ICC Digital Department to ensure the ICC’s participation, education and highperformance programs are digitally enabled, agile and reflective of shifts in consumption.
• Play an active role in the ICC Global Development Team:
o Be a key Member of the ICC Global Development Team, connecting regularly with counterparts in other locations on global initiatives, sharing of good practice and ensuring a globally consistent approach; and Take on additional global projects, as and when required
Knowledge, Skills, Attitude and Experience
• A minimum 10 years of management experience, preferably in a sporting organisation;
• Proven expertise in sports management with experience in designing and delivering sport development, high performance and training & education programs;
• Demonstrated project management experience;
• Excellent budget management and financial reporting skills;
• Strong knowledge and understanding of delivering sports participation programs;
• Experience in the development of education curriculum and resources, preferably in sport is desirable;
• An understanding of the game of cricket is essential;
• Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills;
• Ability to work with stakeholders from different backgrounds across cultural and national identities;
• Ability to develop partnerships across various sectors (corporate, government, non-government and media);
• Ability to think creatively and innovate; and
• Persistence and an ability to work independently.
Conditions of Employment
• The role is based in our headquarters in Dubai, UAE.
• The selected candidate will be required to provide two recent work references: and
• The compensation offered will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
If you feel that you can meet the challenge, please email your CV, with a covering letter detailing your current salary and benefits and expectations to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The last date to respond to this advert is Thursday, 2 September 2021. Due to the overwhelming number of quality applicants, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.